Slam Reviews

• Feb 12, 2013

Saul blows me away in this perfomance, the movie does lack some fluidity though.

• Feb 04, 2013

Capitalizing on his fame garnered from winning the 1996 National Poetry Slam, Saul Williams combines elements of 'Oz' with his own brand of self-reflection and verbal styling to convey a story of man looking to break his restraints. There are truly captivating moments in the film namely when Williams intermittently approaches the mike to deliver a piece that acts as his own soliloquy to the events surrounding him. The almost documentary-style film making from Levin adds a stripped down nature to the proceedings while also making it conducive to the tone and energy of the film and its various messages. Overall, a deeply affecting drama with much to offer. Recommended particularly for both fans and performers of spoken word as it is deeply educational.

• Nov 20, 2012

Too manipulative to be taken seriously.

Too manipulative to be taken seriously.

• May 13, 2012

The fiction element of the film, instead of driving Levin to deeper truths, delivers him toward triteness and manipulation.

• Mar 24, 2012

A gritty tale of poetry, drugs, and consequences

A gritty tale of poetry, drugs, and consequences

• Jan 23, 2012

• Jan 07, 2012

The guy stood up for what he truly loved which is an awesome message to send to the kids. I liked it.

• Dec 24, 2011

Filmas, palie?iantis daug socialini? ir egzistencini? klausim?. Jame daug tiesos. Pastebimas muzikinis takelis: pasaulio ritmas i kurio gimsta eil?s. Ir be abejo geriausia dalis - poezija, kuri ?ia stipri ir jaudinanti.

• Jul 09, 2011

This movie is on my list of top 10 favorite films....seriously! I was listening to truth, anger, frustration, a sense of hopelessness and saw a light of hope and inspiration, spearheaded by motivation and sincerity to wake up those who can not see or maybe even refuse to see what is right in front of them. Powerful is not the only adjective that comes to mind in order to describe what this movie does for me.

• May 30, 2011

Can't believe I never saw this movie before. Awesome.

Can't believe I never saw this movie before. Awesome.