Slap Shot 2: Breaking the Ice Reviews

• Dec 13, 2018

No charm. It wasn't sure if it wanted to be a comedy or a drama.

No charm. It wasn't sure if it wanted to be a comedy or a drama.

• May 13, 2015

Awful, even worse than the original, which I thought was impossible.

Awful, even worse than the original, which I thought was impossible.

• Feb 08, 2015

Not as good as the first one at all.

Not as good as the first one at all.

• Sep 23, 2012

Slap Shot 2 isn't even in the same league as the first film, not AT ALL. One viewing of this film was enough to place it in my list of the worst films I've ever seen. It's absolutely fucking atrocious. The acting is fucking awful, Steven Baldwin gives one of the most tired, dull, and uninteresting performances I've ever seen in my lifetime, I've never seen him in any other film but if this is what he's like all the time, he ranks near the top as the worst actor! Every character in this film either looks uninterested and bored or comes off plain fucking annoying with failing attempts at even being funny at all, like the OCD guy or Russian guy, or the totally stereotyped gay sponsor. The dialogue is horrible, I watched this with a bunch of guys and we were balling over how bad a lot of the dialogue was, not to mention how awfully each character delivered it. The Hanson brothers are back, but not even they can save the movie, they're totally fucking useless, either repeating gags from the first film or making cheap unfunny immature jokes. They made me laugh in the first film, they didn't here. Gary Busey usually plays a great villain and he's a good actor, but what do you know? He as well can't offer a damn thing to this movie, he's awful in this film too! The plot is dim-witted and flat out stupid, and the editing is cheap and jarringly bad, and we also get a totally half-assed soundtrack with music that most of the time doesn't suit the scenes they're matched up with at all! There is nothing good about this film at all, I dare anyone to name anything good about it, cause you'll either be dead wrong or I'll disagree. Slap Shot 2 sets out to be a comedy, and it's vulgarly bad and painfully unfunny. You may get a laugh out of how bad the film is, but it's not a "so bad it's amusing" film like The Room, this is a film you'll laugh at in sheer desperation in trying to entertain yourself since the film fails at providing that sort of thing for you, it feels long and it's hard to sit through, and by god I hope I never have to sit through it again. This film needs to be buried under thick ice, and frozen out of existence for eternity.

• Feb 24, 2012

The message of this film states that even though hockey is a rough sport it is still a game that is played with class. Hockey players are legitimate athletes

• Dec 20, 2011

Toisiksi paras urheiluaiheinen komedia ikinä...

Toisiksi paras urheiluaiheinen komedia ikinä...

• Dec 13, 2011

not bad but pales incomparison to the first

not bad but pales incomparison to the first

• Alex r Super Reviewer
    May 29, 2011

Sequel to one of the greatest sports comedies ever made is one of the worst films ever made. I have never seen such an uninspired sequel or film for that matter. I don't know where to begin with this travesty? Cast, a bunch of washed up has beens or others trying to make it in the film industry. You have Gary Busey here, The guy was relevant when he was in Point Break, but not anymore. Same with Stephen Baldwin, the guy wrecked his career with Pauly Shore's Biodome, great career move. Anyhow Slapshot 2 is a dud, a waste of time and a terrible insult on the original. Slap Shot 2 doesn't try to break new ground or do anything original, funny and amusing. Theres a few comic bits here and there, but it becomes repetitive very quickly and the jokes become stale and unbearable. The story for this is film is fairly terrible as well, and it makes Slap Shot 2 one of the worst sports sequels since Caddyshack 2. this film is an insult to hockey, hockey fans and the original film in the process. Thats quite a feat NOT to be proud of. But really what do you expect from a film that has a bunch talentless actors? not much. I'd never thought I'd say this, but even the legendary Hanson brothers are annoying and don't bring on the same laughs as they did in the first film. It's too bad. Slap Shot has the unfortunate distinction of being one of many great films that have very bad sequels. A real shame. Slap Shot 2 should be avoided at all costs, whatever made the first film so great is absent here and theres more irritating and unfunny jokes that seem to try too hard at making you laugh, something that never quite works.

• Apr 24, 2011

Shouldn't of been made at all. Especially 25 years later after the first one. Can't top the first Slap Shot, but this was a poor attempt.

• Nov 24, 2010