Slap Shot 3: The Junior League Reviews

• Jun 26, 2020

They turned Slap Shot into the Mighty Ducks without the charm.

They turned Slap Shot into the Mighty Ducks without the charm.

• May 13, 2015

Same as the second one, just more kiddy. Great, now the movies are PG. What is this, Caddy shack?

• Dec 23, 2013

A dull and unfunny comedy that tries to be The Mighty Ducks but fails miserably. While Slap Shot 3 does well to not seem overly choreographed while the games are being shot, that is really all it does well as the story is dull and really makes you wonder how the original could be any good if you haven't seen it before.

• May 28, 2013

somebody give the mighty ducks their movie back

somebody give the mighty ducks their movie back

• Sep 23, 2012

Why bother screwing around with Slap Shot any further? The Hanson brothers are the only thing that is holding the series together, but let's give this film a fair trial. Slap Shot 3 is debatably below average or mediocre on the scale, but personally it may have bordered on mediocre for me because I had to sit through the atrociously bad Slap Shot 2: Breaking The Ice, and Slap Shot 3 was a breath of fucking fresh air, even if it really isn't a good movie. Slap Shot 3 feels like anything but a Slap Shot film, even the second film looked and felt more like Slap Shot, it had the vulgarity and crude adult men players like the first (mind you that doesn't give the 2nd film any brownie points, and is certainly not enough to be considered a strength in it). You might as well have made this an entirely different film or Mighty Ducks, but hey, the Hansons are back as the one remaining reminder that this is Slap Shot material, HA! Let's get to the film though. It's a typical plot about a bunch of kids inhabiting a boy's home that is unattended by any caretaker. Some evil bitch who's as annoying as Uma Thurman was in Batman & Robin stomps her way into Charlestown with plans to build a golf course and you guessed it... she wants part of the land where the boy's home is, so it's her objective to get rid of it, so the boys form a hockey team with the help of the Hanson's in order to... well this is when the plot is confusing and believe or not, it's never really clear what purpose hockey is serving to their cause until they make a wager in which if the Chiefs win the final game, they get to keep the land and claim money, if not they half to get rid of it for the golf course. Of course they fucking win and they live happily ever after, I didn't spoil really, it's so predictable, There's simply quite a bit too much going on at the same time in the film and it fails to balance everything evenly, things come and go and come back again and so on. At least the Hanson brothers served a more useful purpose, they were pretty funny at times! The main kid characters aren't bad, but are a bit bland and uninteresting too. Leslie Nielsen is in it, but you almost never see him and he never makes any funny jokes at all, so he was pointless. It was definitely a watchable film for sure, and entertaining at a few bits, but you'd rather be watching something better too. It's a film with it's moments, but for the most part dumb and pointless. Slap Shot 3 is a fair watch recommended for anyone that prefers a good harmless family sports comedy, its appropriate enough for any audience unlike Slap Shot or... Slap Shot 2, so it succeeds in reaching a certain audience. But as a critic, I rate this mediocre only cause while it's not that bad, it's also very bland and unoriginal.

• Jan 31, 2011

Charlestown must be built on top of Hell. Everybody's an asshole to everybody else.

• Jan 22, 2011

So horrible and a disgrace

So horrible and a disgrace

• Jan 10, 2011

1hr & 31 minutes 25 boys in an orphanage fight to save their home & Town from some corportte Rich that wants to change the name of the town, bring in big Corporations, & basically erase the history that most thought no one cared about anymore. Let's see.. Hansons (or I should say ZENsons.. lol) Check, a couple retired NHLer cameos- check, & Leslie Nielsen as the mayor. Oh & I think the girl w/ the Glasses on is Jenna from Vampire Diaries. I still love the first one, I probably watch it once a year, & it still makes me laugh, however The 2nd one with the Baldwin in it, I HOPE someone Literally threw a copy of it in to a fire. P! S.S. 3 is Definitely better than #2 at least to me. It was cool, fun but of course its not the original.

• May 24, 2010

Oh wait what's this? a forget it, it's another Mighty Ducks ripoff...

Oh wait what's this? a forget it, it's another Mighty Ducks ripoff...

• Apr 09, 2010