Slapstick of Another Kind Reviews

• Oct 01, 2018

One of jerry's best movies. I cannot believe more people are not talking about this movie.

• Jul 30, 2015

Not a good movie, but a bit better than most give it credit for. If you like 80s camp, Jerry Lewis and Vonnegut then it's mildly entertaining. Generally, it's uncanny.

• May 27, 2014

You can find the trailer and possibly the whole movie on youtube, but I'd recommend you skip it. This looked so bad it had to be funny, and it's not. After watching "The King of Comedy" i'd expected more from Jerry Lewis's mature work and i could not have been more disappointed. One star is generously given only because of some of the casting choices (Marty Feldman, Jim Backus) and some of the more insane plot points in the film.

• Jan 23, 2014

Wow...I...uh...oh...um...I...just...um...I...I...uh................WOW. I have to say, I've seen a lot of shitty films in my time, but this one could very well be the absolute worst. And I mean, THE WORST. There isn't a funny moment to be found in the entire film. Ostensibly an adaptation of Kurt Vonnegut's novel Slapstick, this is really, all told, a pile of garbage. A huge, stinking, rotten pile of garbage. Watching this movie made me wish the world would end. Even MADELINE FREAKING KAHN couldn't save it. Just...WOW!!!!!!!

• Jul 12, 2011

I like Jerry Lewis films...But sorry for saying...But this film was freaken Aweful...