Slaughter High - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Slaughter High Reviews

October 16, 2016
Hard to sit through since the British actors can't keep their American accents straight.
April 29, 2016
A great horror cheese fest from the moment you hear that intro music.
½ April 25, 2016
What i love in this flick, is the gloomy scenery in abandoned schools and the unique feeling of all that kind of stuff that used to be existed back in the day..A decent slasher movie !
½ February 27, 2016
I assumed this was a movie about WWE legend sgt slaughter........it wasn't......disappointed.
February 22, 2016
This is a really fun slasher movie that I'm surprised isn't more popular. The plot basically rips off the Toxic Avenger for the first 20 minutes and shows the making of a locker room prank gone wrong that produces a vengeful deformed nerd.
Years later the teens come back to the highschool and are killed off one by one.. Who could be the killer?
There are some cool special effects and an old abandoned highschool that make the film very entertaining.
½ February 6, 2016
ok at times and not a terrible film.
December 15, 2015
Adequate low budget mid-eighties American slasher film, filmed in the UK with numerous British and American actors leading to some comically bad accents. As bad as it is it, it isn't inspired enough to reach classic levels of so-bad-it's-good hilarity. Chuckles will be had at the aforementioned accents and a couple of well orchestrated kills. The build up to the slasher-revenge part of the film is, as a send up of high school comedies, also entertaining but there is nothing here for the casual fan of slasher films. The connoisseur will also be disappointed. All in all, it's adequate enough to kill 90 minutes on an evening. And watched with friends, and a few drinks, most fans of the genre will get some enjoyment out of it but that's about it.
October 17, 2015
I really don't have much to say about this one. It's another generic slasher. The opening is so goofy that it's almost like a Troma movie. It easily could have been used for something like The Toxic Avenger or Class of Nuke 'Em High. The nerd is so ridiculously cliched. It's Revenge of the Nerds level. That is the first indication that this movie is not meant to be taken seriously, and that to me is already sign number one that a slasher is going to stink. Once the killer shows up, he looks really cool. It's not the most elaborate costume, but it was simple and memorable. The kills are mostly forgettable, with the only two that stood out for me being the acid bath and an electrocution while having sex (of course they have sex in that dingy, abandoned school when a killer is stalking them). Honestly, I was pretty bored with this one, and nodded off for like 5 minutes. I had to force myself to get up and move around while I watched it. When the killer unmasks, it's pretty good. The ghosts (yeah, there's ghosts) is out-of-left-field, but considering how lame the rest of the movie was, I welcomed the randomness. The ending in the hospital is over-the-top and something I enjoyed more than most of the rest of the movie. Not the worst slasher, but far from the best. Just a middle of the road one.
October 12, 2015
One of the best slasher movies from the 1980s, terrific stuff!
September 8, 2015
This is by no means a good film.
Slaughter High is ridiculously set in America despite it clearly being filmed in England, it is however silly fun, if a load of 30 year old Brits pretending to be Yankee teens is your thing you might just love this.
August 25, 2015
Bad teen slasher that succeeds by not taking itself so seriously and packing itself to the brim with inventive deaths. Surprisingly fun.
February 15, 2015
Slaughter high is a low budget 80"s cheese fest. It is a great bad horror film that is definitely worth checking out.
½ January 16, 2015
(22%)
If almost all slasher flicks are B-movies, then this is without doubt a C-movie. And this lets the audience know strait away that the quality is going to be as rock-bottom as the tiny budget will allow with super cheapo 80's synth rock from the very start. Which is at least nice of the makers to be so open about the movie's limitations so early on. The plot itself manages to be both stick thin and broken at the same time, as the reunion at the slashing end of the "story" takes place at the now derelict school. Why travel miles to have a party there? It's run-down, dirty, dark, and very likely dangerous. How stupid are these people? But then again one of the party goers gets blood on her after some guy's gut explodes for reasons not really clear (although it is the best part of the film) so she strips off and takes a bath. Have a guess if she lives or dies because of it. This really isn't worth a look except for maybe big slasher movie fans who can see past 27 year old men and women playing high school students, terrible lighting, bad writing, and awful performances.
October 15, 2014
Loved this. So shit. Some of the killings don't even make any sense and the victims are pure mongs. A serious set of Charlie's on Caroline Monroe. The opening seen with the prank nearly killed me, the head on the geek. Theme tune is the balls as well so shit.
July 15, 2014
As predicted the acting was bad but the plot was actually pretty brilliant. The ending was a great twist setup for a sequel. I hope they remake this movie cause it has potential for a part 1 and 2 only but no more than that.
June 21, 2014
A bullied nerd plans his revenge years later by staging a fake high school reunion. From an era which gave us Return to Horror High, Cutting Class, and Student Bodies, this does not particularly stand out. What you'd expect in a movie from this ilk, lasciviousness, bad acting, plot holes, pointless gore, trite dialogue, etc. Yet another comedy horror with Dick Miller!
½ December 25, 2013
Fun slasher with a decent twist ending
November 6, 2013
Putting aside all the nit picks... I enjoyed this movie, and it gave me a few good chills.
October 19, 2013
Americanised UK Brit Horror, Which It's Title Is Better Than The Film Itself. Sure It's Cheesy, But This Is A Hard Film To Watch Start To Finish (Which I Managed To Do). This Is A Must Avoid, Not Unless You Fancy A Disastrous Horror Flick, This However Became A Cult Classic.
½ October 8, 2013
Terrible in so many ways, but still manages to maintain an endearing quality. There's a few scenes that are just too long and the acting is poor, but there's a few good moments to cling on to.