Slaves of New York Reviews

• Nov 20, 2014

• Jan 05, 2014

FLAWED adaptation of a book that would have been hard to adapt in the right hands (Andy Warhol owned the rights before he died). Peters is far too old to be playing the part, but actually, you forgive that fact quickly. What you do not forgive is some of the poor acting from some of the supporting players (Madeline Potter is awful). Some glimpses of Merchant Ivory expertise, but Merchant Ivory are not the right people doing this movie.

• Aug 21, 2013

This movie is defining.

This movie is defining.

• Nov 12, 2012

(***): [img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/user/icons/icon14.gif[/img] A very odd film that kept me interested throughout.

• Dec 30, 2010

Somehwat disappointing.

Somehwat disappointing.

• Dec 11, 2010

I wanted to like this more because of some of the cast in it that I like. But when it came down to it, the movie had nothing to offer. I kept wondering what the point of this was.

• May 16, 2010

I haven't seen this movie in years, but so many parts of it have always stuck in my head. The boyfriend's outrageous lies. Bernadette Peter's sheer awesomeness. My favorite Supremes song.

• Feb 03, 2010

I read the book as a kid & BPeters is NOT who I saw as Eleanor. JGarcia is scrumptious tho.

• Aug 03, 2009

I've read the book and seen the movie and without a question the book is better. But I really enjoyed seeing the art in this flick and the music was rad, specially Boy George's "Girlfriend" playing in the credits!

• Mar 28, 2009