Sleepless Night - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sleepless Night Reviews

January 11, 2017
Hope the american remake coming out this week is as good and I will be happy
April 13, 2016
Fairly entertaining, for scrappy fights and mild suspense, but more so for shouting at implausibilities and marvelling at the world's cleanest and most palatial nightclub.
½ November 10, 2015
This is a gripping Suspense plot, Hope Kamal Hassan lives up to the standard set by Fredric Jardin in the Tamizh version.
½ June 27, 2015
Fun to watch but a ridiculous chain of events.
April 25, 2015
Its not a perfect action thriller, but holy shit is it a great one following the footsteps of those Luc Besson movies we love & Taken.
½ March 11, 2015
awesome French thriller. some comedic moments but mostly it was a refreshing Hollywood esque action thriller. fans of Luc Bessob will dig it
November 13, 2014
Formulaic con drama made in France.
November 8, 2014
Yes I gave it 5/5. This just blew me away! Action packed French thriller that's more entertaining than most American Michael Bay-esque films. Decent story, good solid acting and never a dull minute!

Highly Recommended!
September 29, 2014
From the cover of it, I was thinking this is as bad as it can get. Though I'm a little bit surprise bout its execution especially when the action heats up. The main protagonist struggles a lot in this film just to save his son. The main attraction that gets me up is the fighting scenes. It 's more realistic and well choreograph with all those shaky camera angles that heats up the action more. There might be some plot confusion. But thinking a well made French thriller bout a "father saves son" thing is humane enough for an action thriller like this.
July 19, 2014
nothing special, not the action movie of the year by far.
June 29, 2014
most impressive action thriller.
April 27, 2014
A prime example of the perfect action film. Imagine if Heat and Die Hard had a baby. Not only is it fast paced and thrilling with every selected shot complementing its plot, it also has a very unexpected amount of depth that I find is lacking in so many films of this genre today. Its certainly an eye-opener for modern action films.
February 13, 2014
Heart Pounding, Adrenaline Rushing, Kick Ass, Take No Prisoners Thriller! From beginning till the end it grabs you by the jugular and throttles you into complete and utter submission!
February 6, 2014
Now this is a gripping movie. Hollywood, are you paying attention?
January 31, 2014
The film premiered in 2011 at the Toronto International Film Festival and has received positive reviews from critics.
January 30, 2014
From the start till the end thrilling. It's been a long time since I 've seen such an action movie without special effects and graphics. I loved the direction and all of the cast. I'm totally recommending it.
January 4, 2014
Relentless, fast, lean and satisfying.
Harlequin68
December 4, 2013
"Sleepless Night" starts with Vincent(Tomer Sisley) and Manuel(Laurent Stocker) robbing an illegal drug shipment. Since one of the victims brought a knife to a gun fight, things do not go perfectly as Vincent is stabbed and there is one dead. That is now one crime that Vincent and Manuel have to investigate in their day job as police detectives. Oh, and Jose Marciano(Serge Riaboukine) would very much like his drugs back, if it is not too much trouble, as he has Vincent's son Thomas(Samy Seghir). The exchange would have gone well if Vignali(Lizzie Brochere), an internal affairs detective, had not been trailing him and moved the drugs from its hiding spot. She reports all of this to Lacombe(Julien Boisselier), her supervisor, who is in cahoots with Manuel.

"Sleepless Night" proves that all you need for a well-crafted lean and mean crime thriller is some drugs, guns and one cool location, plus maybe a sense of humor. Of course, you have to keep the plates spinning non-stop which this movie does with a great deal of skill. Plus, it helps that all the depserate characters each have their specific motivations. However, there is a twist half way through the movie that takes some of the edge off but nobody's perfect. And by the end, I realized that for a movie involving a kidnapped child, this movie is surprisingly not mawkish in also being about a father's love for his son.