Sleepover Nightmare - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sleepover Nightmare Reviews

May 4, 2011
"I was so happy to find this in a cheap bin!!" This is one of my favourite B-Cheese, horror films. Surprisingly, there is some decent acting and some clever kill scenes.
May 31, 2010
HILARIOUS, nuff said.
January 7, 2010
i loved this as a kid and i still love it to this day
½ August 10, 2008
So it's not a bad, shitty-made horror movie. Some good gore accompanied by SOME okay acting make it watchable in my book. A couple of good scenes with a motorboat motor and a beer can.
August 7, 2008
Bad. Sub-indie. The girls are cute, but no one acts with any bit of talent.
July 26, 2008
Don't waste your time.
March 9, 2008
Funny stuff, this was true parody to the horror genre in a similar sense that Scream was, but without the self-awareness; meaning, there are no "movie" references at all.

At first, this movie started much like a Friday the 13th film (one of the first ones, anyway) but there's a few acts of silliness which we aren't even sure if they're intentional or not. In the "present" we see Porsche 928's, Jeep's, and Ford Aerostars (and even a late seventies security vehicle which is supposed to be a police car), but in a seven-years-ago flashback, we see automobiles from the fifties and sixties, and finally one Camaro from the early eighties. Plausable, sure. Silly, definitely. The violence was less gratuitious than some of the 1980's films that set out this "slasher-genre" recipe, although much like Michael Myers or Jason, he's a silent but deadly assasin. At one point, he procures a beer, and I myself rolled on the floor laughing.

Yeah, believe it or not, nothing better was on.

Oh, I should mention that this movie was made with the kind of special effects I could personally do with a camcorder and a few borrowed cars. If this movie cost more than $30,000 to make, the producers over-estimated the movie's abilities.
½ March 7, 2008
This is the worst piece of shit ever. I guess that's what I get for watching an independent film.
January 1, 2008
A film made hilariously bad by its ridiculous kill sequences, and all the more funny given the number of characters who look, act, and are named like Harry Potter characters.
½ December 20, 2007
its...original, it looks kind of homemade, but still pretty decent. it not really scary though
October 26, 2007
it is really a nightmare
October 25, 2007
Pretty horrible acting, but I love these types of movies.
October 17, 2007
i hope i can see it soon too..
½ October 15, 2007
Ugh, this movie is lame.
September 3, 2007
All I could think after seeing this movie was; I can't believe I sat through the whole thing. Mind you, it was fun to watch. This film was so absurdly terrible that it was comical. It was entertaining to predict what would happen next, and this movie was very predictable. The classic character molds were all there, the jock, the nerd, the vixen, the innocent virgin, the stoner, etc. The killer? A rastafarian looking weirdo that for some reason, knew kung fu. Perhaps that was somewhat original. This movie only made me laugh. I may have given this more stars if it was a spoof of horror films, but it was completely serious. If you want a horror movie so stupid and laughable, this might be your best choice.
½ August 29, 2007
it's actually better than at least half the movies out there in "real movie" world.
August 16, 2007
One of the most tragic origin stories for a villain! You truly feel bad for him even though he steals people's hats and shoves beer cans into foreheads.
½ August 7, 2007
Hey this movie is totally original and well thought out. The plot is perfectly calculated.... wait... no... Acid flashback - sorry. This movie is a piece of shit.
July 24, 2007