Sleepwalk With Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sleepwalk With Me Reviews

½ March 22, 2015
me encantˇ, muy pero muy buena
March 11, 2015
Works as both a film about stand-up comedy and a rumination on forced relationships.
½ March 6, 2015
This was a charming (yes, I overuse that word) and enjoyable snow day movie. I like this Birbiglia fella a lot.
February 11, 2015
Occasionally funny and insightful.
½ February 1, 2015
Quirky, amusing and a bit uncomfortable, Mike Birbiglia (Joey Bag-o-donuts little brother) spins a tale of falling out of love and sleep disorder that never ceases to be interesting. I could see Birbiglia really moving on to become an important filmmaker.
January 9, 2015
Some clever moments but quite thin overall.
January 8, 2015
I'm a fan of Mike's stand-up, and I feel like his sensibility would lend itself well to a movie. Also, I mean, come on. This movie looks adorable.
December 30, 2014
A dramatic diary of a comedian.
½ November 5, 2014
Did absolutely nothing for me. Can't say I am a fan of Berbiglia. This film doesn't change that opinion. Overall, annoying to watch.
November 2, 2014
This was not my kind of movie, so I had to pass.
September 18, 2014
I adore Mike Birbiglia. I was really impressed by the balance of humor and heartbreak. And I thought he did a great job directing.
September 15, 2014
If you know of Mike Birbiglia, you'll like this movie and recognize the story. If you don't know of Mike Birbiglia, you'll like this movie. The large number of cameos adds to the enjoyment. A funny movie with heart; well constructed.
½ September 10, 2014
Birbiglia has a strong grasp on the story, but the lack of filmmaking experience shows. With this story existing in so many other mediums, I can't help but wonder why this movie exists.
September 10, 2014
Selfish men who use women only for sex is played out and boring
½ July 18, 2014
So this was kind of a documentary/true story thing. Because Mike Birbiglia wrote it, based it off himself, and starred in it. So...there's that. This was funny, nothing revolutionary. The pacing could have been a little quicker. Birbiglia himself is a funny guy, so that was nice. And it was cool to see how the character's stand-up persona evolved as the movie went on. I also liked Lauren Ambrose as his long time girlfriend. But like I said, this was just kind of an average comedy. Nothing made it really great or really bad. So, if you're bored and on Netflix and need to pass the time, this isn't a terrible idea.
June 21, 2014
Hilarious­???­???­???
May 31, 2014
great film when time is short! 80 mins.
½ May 27, 2014
The little tragedies in life of a comedian make up an endearing story...
May 26, 2014
Mike Birbigia is fabulous. The world needs more of him.
½ April 24, 2014
Surprisingly insightful film touching on relationships, sleep disorders, and the struggles to make it as a comic with the mounting stress of an impending wedding. Quite frankly, I found the film to be really smart in how it told its story of this comedian who, facing the fact that his life isn't heading the way he wants, due to his failed comedy career and almost being forced to marry his girlfriend, he starts to have these sleepwalking incidents that keep escalating as the stress keeps mounting. The writing is incredibly sharp and funny and the cast is very solid. Mike Birbiglia comes across as probably the most likable man who has ever lived. Well, that's a bit of a hyperbole, but he does come across as an incredibly likable man and he makes this story easy to relate to, even if you don't particularly agree with all of his actions. The story of how Matt starts pushing away his fiance more and more, as his comedic career takes off, is certainly melancholic as she was the only one who supported him when he was starting out. So seeing how they ended up in the end was certainly bittersweet, a satisfying, but not necessarily happy, ending to their story. The film is also really funny, as it combines footage from Mike Birbiglia's actual comedic performances, at least from what I can tell, some of them look staged, but that integration of Mike's stand-up act does give the film a certain kind of authenticity it would've lacked if the actor portraying the lead hadn't been an actual comedian. I don't really have much else to say, just that this film is certainly insightful and smart, and hopefully it leads to Mike Birbiglia doing films more often. Apparently he's making a film out of another one of his one-man shows, but that one won't be as autobiographical as this film. Still, this is a very funny, smart, compelling, and charming comedy that definitely deserves to be seen. There's a lot of good stuff in this film, and I definitely recommend it.