Sleepwalk With Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sleepwalk With Me Reviews

½ July 25, 2015
As a filmmaker, I appreciate the idea and the courage of categorizing this unamusing film as a Comedy to parallel Matt Panda, the protagonist comedian who is less than boring, yet finds and utilizes the imperfections in his relationship to perfect his career goals. But as the child in charge of finding a good laugh for family movie night, I hate this movie.
½ July 1, 2015
I liked this little film as I starting to like Mike Birbiglia quite a bit and this film made me only like him as a comic more. I thought this little indie film was a short little comedy that was very solid. I liked some of the comedians who did cameos, but it's obviously Mike Birbiglia's film.
June 28, 2015
Perfect movie for fans of Birbigs.
June 11, 2015
Mike Birbiglia is a great comic. And from what can be found in his directorial debut is potential for a solid filmmaker. He even manages to get away with breaking the third wall.
½ March 22, 2015
me encantˇ, muy pero muy buena
March 11, 2015
Works as both a film about stand-up comedy and a rumination on forced relationships.
½ March 6, 2015
This was a charming (yes, I overuse that word) and enjoyable snow day movie. I like this Birbiglia fella a lot.
February 11, 2015
Occasionally funny and insightful.
½ February 1, 2015
Quirky, amusing and a bit uncomfortable, Mike Birbiglia (Joey Bag-o-donuts little brother) spins a tale of falling out of love and sleep disorder that never ceases to be interesting. I could see Birbiglia really moving on to become an important filmmaker.
January 9, 2015
Some clever moments but quite thin overall.
January 8, 2015
I'm a fan of Mike's stand-up, and I feel like his sensibility would lend itself well to a movie. Also, I mean, come on. This movie looks adorable.
December 30, 2014
A dramatic diary of a comedian.
½ November 5, 2014
Did absolutely nothing for me. Can't say I am a fan of Berbiglia. This film doesn't change that opinion. Overall, annoying to watch.
November 2, 2014
This was not my kind of movie, so I had to pass.
September 18, 2014
I adore Mike Birbiglia. I was really impressed by the balance of humor and heartbreak. And I thought he did a great job directing.
September 15, 2014
If you know of Mike Birbiglia, you'll like this movie and recognize the story. If you don't know of Mike Birbiglia, you'll like this movie. The large number of cameos adds to the enjoyment. A funny movie with heart; well constructed.
½ September 10, 2014
Birbiglia has a strong grasp on the story, but the lack of filmmaking experience shows. With this story existing in so many other mediums, I can't help but wonder why this movie exists.
September 10, 2014
Selfish men who use women only for sex is played out and boring
½ July 18, 2014
So this was kind of a documentary/true story thing. Because Mike Birbiglia wrote it, based it off himself, and starred in it. So...there's that. This was funny, nothing revolutionary. The pacing could have been a little quicker. Birbiglia himself is a funny guy, so that was nice. And it was cool to see how the character's stand-up persona evolved as the movie went on. I also liked Lauren Ambrose as his long time girlfriend. But like I said, this was just kind of an average comedy. Nothing made it really great or really bad. So, if you're bored and on Netflix and need to pass the time, this isn't a terrible idea.
June 21, 2014