Sleepwalk With Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sleepwalk With Me Reviews

½ September 10, 2014
Birbiglia has a strong grasp on the story, but the lack of filmmaking experience shows. With this story existing in so many other mediums, I can't help but wonder why this movie exists.
September 10, 2014
Selfish men who use women only for sex is played out and boring
½ July 18, 2014
So this was kind of a documentary/true story thing. Because Mike Birbiglia wrote it, based it off himself, and starred in it. So...there's that. This was funny, nothing revolutionary. The pacing could have been a little quicker. Birbiglia himself is a funny guy, so that was nice. And it was cool to see how the character's stand-up persona evolved as the movie went on. I also liked Lauren Ambrose as his long time girlfriend. But like I said, this was just kind of an average comedy. Nothing made it really great or really bad. So, if you're bored and on Netflix and need to pass the time, this isn't a terrible idea.
June 21, 2014
Hilarious­???­???­???
May 31, 2014
great film when time is short! 80 mins.
½ May 27, 2014
The little tragedies in life of a comedian make up an endearing story...
May 26, 2014
Mike Birbigia is fabulous. The world needs more of him.
½ April 24, 2014
Surprisingly insightful film touching on relationships, sleep disorders, and the struggles to make it as a comic with the mounting stress of an impending wedding. Quite frankly, I found the film to be really smart in how it told its story of this comedian who, facing the fact that his life isn't heading the way he wants, due to his failed comedy career and almost being forced to marry his girlfriend, he starts to have these sleepwalking incidents that keep escalating as the stress keeps mounting. The writing is incredibly sharp and funny and the cast is very solid. Mike Birbiglia comes across as probably the most likable man who has ever lived. Well, that's a bit of a hyperbole, but he does come across as an incredibly likable man and he makes this story easy to relate to, even if you don't particularly agree with all of his actions. The story of how Matt starts pushing away his fiance more and more, as his comedic career takes off, is certainly melancholic as she was the only one who supported him when he was starting out. So seeing how they ended up in the end was certainly bittersweet, a satisfying, but not necessarily happy, ending to their story. The film is also really funny, as it combines footage from Mike Birbiglia's actual comedic performances, at least from what I can tell, some of them look staged, but that integration of Mike's stand-up act does give the film a certain kind of authenticity it would've lacked if the actor portraying the lead hadn't been an actual comedian. I don't really have much else to say, just that this film is certainly insightful and smart, and hopefully it leads to Mike Birbiglia doing films more often. Apparently he's making a film out of another one of his one-man shows, but that one won't be as autobiographical as this film. Still, this is a very funny, smart, compelling, and charming comedy that definitely deserves to be seen. There's a lot of good stuff in this film, and I definitely recommend it.
½ February 18, 2014
Really warmed to this movie as it went on.
½ January 31, 2014
"Sleepwalk with Me" is honest, pure and deep drama. Using semi documenter style and unique narrative approach. The sleepwalk dissorder isn't a big issue though. The real issue is the complex thinking of man who didn't even know he want to get married or no. The issue is very interesting because that's can happen to us too. Are you feel the happiest time your life today? Are you sure your job is suit you well? Are you happy when you spend your time with your girlfriend or rather be on your own time?all questions of that can't answer precisely by this movie. But the good model of this one man life maybe can open your eyes to all that questions.
January 18, 2014
Great stand up material. Great book. Great one man show. And now a great movie.
January 5, 2014
Great movie. I have always loved the comedian.
December 27, 2013
Great film! Birbigs, you've done it again!
December 26, 2013
As an examination of relationships or following your dream, it feels overwhelmingly "been there, done that," but Mike Birbiglia has the imagination, charm, and comedic timing to make Sleepwalk with Me both funny and sincere.
*2.5/4*
November 29, 2013
Thoughtfully funny, a true comic without gimmicks, it made me laugh and cry at the same time. A gem!
½ November 19, 2013
A funny story of a man was figuratively sleepwalking through life
½ November 18, 2013
The story is told in such a creative and funny way you can't help but get caught up in Matt's journey. The themes in this film resonated on a personal level for me as well. Wonderful!
November 17, 2013
I hadn't seen much of Mike Birbiglia's material, but I still enjoyed Sleepwalk with me among its levels of comedy and drama.
½ November 15, 2013