Stephen King's 'Sleepwalkers' - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stephen King's 'Sleepwalkers' Reviews

March 16, 2014
Fun to view, but nothing new.
½ March 6, 2014
A horror story that's muddled and oddly schizophrenic when it comes to the relationships of the characters; especially the villains. The atmosphere is wasted.
½ February 1, 2014
Not a bad little feline horror flick.
December 18, 2013
Hilariously terrible Stephen King film (from an original screenplay by King) is bursting with awfulness: bad visual effects, actors in rubber monster suits, clumsy stunt work, cheesy-looking gore, and a "death by corn on the cob" scene.
½ December 7, 2013
Cheesy Stephen King penned horror is so ludicrous with its heroic cats and weaponized corn cobs, one has to wonder why it wasn't billed as comedy. Vampires (except they are not, they are feline cat people that suck life force out of people rather than blodd *sigh*) come to a new town and target gorgeous virgin (Amick). Badly acted cringefest that fails to elicit any suspense, although it may produce some entertainment value in the so-bad-it's-good category.
November 3, 2013
...a very weak exposition for a horror film with such a promising concept. It just turned out to be a turmoil of cheapening gore and reprehensible sleaze.
½ October 10, 2013
Not the slightest bit scary or entertaining.
½ June 22, 2013
A guilt pleasure at the most, Sleepwalkers isn't good, I know, but I just don't know what it is that makes me like it so much!
½ May 6, 2013
A fairly good Vampire story.
March 29, 2013
I wish the reviewer who gave the movie info had paid more attention to the story. The sleepwalkers are shapeshifters that can shift from their cat-like form to human. Though, from the movie, it seems it is more likely that these are actually illusions that they are able to cast to appear human since it is shown in the movie that they can be invisible as well as make other objects change appearance or become invisible as well, i.e. Charles's car. However, this does not seem to work on cats. Cats seem to see through the illusions and seem to be the natural enemy of the sleepwalkers.
The dialogue between Charles and his mother quickly explain that they haven't seen another of their kind in years and Charles fears that they are the last of their kind. They feed off the life energy of the pure, i.e. virgins. Charles hunts young virgin girls, takes their energy, and then feeds himself and his mother from this energy. Charles picks Tanya as his new victim in the new town. At the start of the movie we see that the family has just left another town where the cops were closing in. The cops find the mummified body of another girl, presumably the last victim before the family ran.
Charles first meets Tanya and does a little smoozing to determine if she is a "nice" girl. She seems to past the test. Instead of taking Tanya's lifeforce quickly, it seems Charles is actually attracted to her. Mother isn't happy with this and slaps Charles around. Mother is hungry and is therefore angry. Charles then attacks Tanya on their picnic date. Unfortunately for Charles, Tanya fights back and he is severely wounded. Once back home, mother sees to Charles wounds and plots revenge on Tanya and her family. Fun and horror ensues.
This is a great little 90's horror movie that is just right for popcorn. It has funny moments with a little splash of horror. There is a pedophile high school teacher named Mr. Phallus for goodness sake. There are great cameos of Stephen King, Clive Barker, and others.
February 16, 2013
Hilariously bad. At one point a policeman gets stabbed to death with a cob of corn!
December 31, 2012
one of those bad movies that I actually like.
½ December 12, 2012
it was an ok movie but I'm not interested in having it on DVD, I didn't really like this film, I thought it could have been better, Glenn Shadix (Beetlejuice) and Mark Hamill (Star Wars) starred in it
December 7, 2012
Would like to see at some stage.
December 2, 2012
This film was so bad that it gets nought. Don't waste your money, or if its free, don't waste your time.
November 18, 2012
Hideously uncomfortable.
I heard Freud loved it.

It became more interesting as it went on, but never really scary, at all.

I finally have a reason to love cats!

Mostly decent performances, except from the Buellers.

Mdchen Amick is a stunner!

Good music.
½ October 12, 2012
the idea of the story is fresh and original
½ September 26, 2012
Amo King ma questo film ... Disgustoso. Non per i contenuti, ma per come stato realizzato: girato male e recitato ancor peggio.
September 2, 2012
Shape shifting into felines, sucking the life force out of their young victims, mother son relationship that is just wrong but it's a pretty ok movie.
August 24, 2012