Sleepwalking - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sleepwalking Reviews

January 31, 2011
James Reedy, é um homem que leva uma vida simples e ordinária até o dia em que sua sobrinha é, aparentemente, abandonada pela mãe, sua irmã Joleen. Ele então, se vê obrigado a cuidar da menina, fazendo com que tenha que confrontar seus medos e fantasmas do passado.
January 22, 2011
despite the strong and crude performances,sleepwalking is just a depressed movie with little to tell.
January 16, 2011
A light, but sometimes effective small town drama with a capable cast of accomplished actors. Though I must admit, there's nothing here that really stayed with me.
January 12, 2011
Well acted, Annasophia Robb and Nick Stahl are good in this.
December 29, 2010
It took a little to get into, but turned out to be a good movie.
December 22, 2010
Another indie sort of film. With a list of good actors, Anna Sophia Robb steps out of her cute, good girl persona in this one and Dennis Hopper does another good performance before his death. An alright film with fine acting, but the story is just average
½ October 17, 2010
Was an ok movie, not the best I've seen but not the worst. A lot of good actors in it.
½ October 8, 2010
The acting was very good in this movie, a little sad but realistic drama this is.
½ September 26, 2010
This movie was intense to me. There were parts I would have done different but other then that. It had a good story and Nick Stahl won my heart in this. HE was so good. I just cant believe it. So was Anna sophia Robb and Charlize Theron.

This is a touching story of an Uncle and his niece and James and his sister and their background and pain. Dennis Hopper is hardcore wicked in this movie. It would have been good to have like more flashback in this.

But the part that made me cry the most was when he was in his bed ..after drinking and the woman was wiping his forehead. And he cried so much and you could feel the pain in your stomach. It just made tears run down my face.What a great wonderful touching scene. Great actors and good story. I recommend. So much pain in this movie.Sickness and the effects of it.
September 9, 2010
A heart breaking movie......
½ August 12, 2010
A rather somber and slow paced drama anchored by truly fine performances. Nick Stahl and AnnaSophia Robb, the movie belongs to them.
½ August 12, 2010
½ August 11, 2010
I like the controversial and weird roles that Charlize Theron chooses. Just like in so many roles before, she is brilliant, as is the rest of the cast but this film goes in the category of bad family relationships, crap life but happy ending for some in a way.
deano
½ August 9, 2010
Wonderfully life drama about the relationship between a 12-year-old girl and her uncle.
Superb, naturalistic performances by the three lead actors, Nick Stahl, Charlize Theron and AnnaSophia Robb, make us truly care about the people they are portraying and the things that are happening to them.
In Sleepwalking the scenery and climate could not have been more dull, barren and depressing. There are boring, depressing highways that go for miles without any beautiful scenery. Every location in this film is flat, dreary and depressing. This added to the disturbing impact of the movie. The people who live in the area of the movie are colourless, dull and depressing.
½ August 8, 2010
In Sleepwalking the scenery and climate could not have been more dull, barren and depressing. There are boring, depressing highways that go for miles without any beautiful scenery. Every location in this film is flat, dreary and depressing. This added to the disturbing impact of the movie. The people who live in the area of the movie are colorless, dull and depressing.
½ August 7, 2010
Aangrijpend sociaal drama....de moeite waard.
LWOODS04
August 1, 2010
Cast: Nick Stahl, AnnaSophia Robb, Charlize Theron, Dennis Hopper, Woody Harrelson, Deborra-Lee Furness, Callum Keith Rennie, Amy Matysio, Shannon Jardine, Simon Chin, Ken Mitchell, Jean Freeman, Troy Skog, George Grassick, Mike Ennis, Alexandra Fox

Director: Bill Maher

Summary: When James's (Nick Stahl) sister, Joleen (Charlize Theron), shows up with her 11-year-old daughter, Tara (AnnaSophia Robb), he doesn't think twice about welcoming them into his home. But when Joleen skips town without her daughter, James is thrust into a role he's grossly unprepared for. At risk of losing Tara to foster care, James hits the road with his niece. Along the way, the pair develop a genuine bond and discover a true sense of family.

My Thoughts: "Although I liked the film, it had many potholes. It really didn't fill in some of the blanks for me. But for what it was, it still a good film. Nick Stahl and AnnaSophia were really good in this. Dennis Hopper, was good in this as well. His character is a controlling, hateful man. Its so easy to hate him in this film. As many probably have, or will say, this movie is quite depressing. It really never lightens up. It's a bit slow in some spots and could have ran a little shorter in time. But all in all a good enough flick with a sad and disturbing story."
½ July 21, 2010
Sleepwalking is a beautiful movie. AnnaSophia Robb and Nick Stahl work great together. I loved everything about the movie.
½ July 5, 2010
Great performances by all actors, a dark movie with portrays life on the rough side of the world, outside ones comfort zone and in desperate and urgent times. This is a good movie which leaves oneself with haunting thoughts and a chance to evaluate our own self. Only drawback was the slow pace of the film.
½ June 25, 2010
The performances here are great but there's nothing else really going on for the rest of the movie.