Slipaway - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Slipaway Reviews

October 11, 2017
A heartwarming, original story! Fantastic storytelling, music and acting!
October 7, 2017
Sweet indie film with solid acting, great directing, and a lot of heart.
September 30, 2017
A very powerful, layered story with exceptional writing and acting.
September 29, 2017
Beautiful, sweet and touching movie with an important message. It's never too late to follow your dreams. Don't let them fade away..cause it will leave an empty space that is not replaceable with anything else. Beautifully and masterfully executed. That is what any kind of creation is about. To make a difference. Well done. Congratulations. I love you guys ??????
September 29, 2017
September 28, 2017
Beautiful story, acting and cinematography about second chances and cross-generational love.
September 28, 2017
Beautiful sensitive and yet very lighthearted story of an odd-couple friendship, deals with tough subjects in a sweet and funny way - "the sort of movie they don't make anymore" beautifully acted and shot. What they used to correctly call a Family Film. High marks to all.
September 28, 2017
This simple sweet movie took me by surprise. With very little action the story swept me away and the performances by both lead actors broke my heart. This film deserves a much wider release. It deals with important issues of aging and illness and right to life choices. I loved it.
September 27, 2017
I was watching this film last Saturday @ laemmle. What a great movie! I highly recommend to everyone! heartwarming, fantastic story
September 27, 2017
This masterfully executed beautiful story will tag at your heartstrings.
September 26, 2017
Loved "Slipaway," particularly Elaine Partnow's touching performance. At one point during the movie, I imagined Leonardo DiCaprio saying, "And the best actress Oscar goes to Elaine Partnow." The Academy seems to appreciate her kind of understated performance. Directors Daniel Mentz and Julia Butler looked like seasoned pros in their directorial debut. All in all it was a very enjoyable evening.
September 26, 2017
Great moving performances. The angst felt by the young man who had grown to care tremendously about a complete stranger facing her life's end is masterfully executed. Highly recommend this film.
September 26, 2017
Great story, amazing Elaine Partnow, the film and the message stays with you as a valuable memory.
September 26, 2017
"Slipaway" is the type of film that makes you want to go to the movies. It delivers an amazing story with its incredible leading cast. A film I will watch for years to come. The chemistry between them is so raw. It breaks your heart. Hands down the best indie film I have ever seen.
½ September 26, 2017
a positive, loving and a film which stretches us.
September 26, 2017
Lovely, heartfelt film that touches on vital subject matter without heavy-handedness. Okay, yes, I'm in the film--but everyone who sees it loves it.
September 26, 2017
An inspiring and poignant film. I laughed and cried on their journey....brilliantly written and superbly acted! I believe a very challenging topic to portray, yet Julia and Daniel captured it with amazing grace and dignity. It touched me deeply on a personal level and I absolutely loved it!!
September 25, 2017
Independent film makers, Julia Butler and Daniel Mentz and their brilliant team and cast have pulled off a miracle. This is not a big screen blockbuster but it will stay with you long after the blockbuster film has left your memory. It's the ultimate feel good movie with plenty of laughter, copious tears and an ending that will make you feel exhilarated and devastated all at once.

I fell in love with the main character "Fall" played by Elaine Partnow and I really believe she could be the next Dame Judy Dench. Her talent is absolutely mind boggling. The cinematography is just beautiful, the story inspiring and the music so memorable you'll be humming it for weeks. Love love love this movie. Go see it.
September 25, 2017
Love it! Great job by all!
September 25, 2017
i want to see again. i have been captured and following and angry about heroes' deeds and happy for them, and hoping... i was involved. and, as a filmmaker myself, i was never disappointed with a little thing on the screen. good time with a people's reality.