Slither - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Slither Reviews

April 6, 2016
Slither was a B horror movie, filled with comedy that set out to be a little campy on purpose. The premise was simple and fun, worms from space slithered into peoples mouths and turned them into zombies with the need to feed. The cast was impressive and most of the attack scenes were cool while also very disgusting. It was pretty cheesy at times but once you look past that you can enjoy the fact that it was all done on purpose. The ending was ok, but it didnt blow me away and of course there was an "after credits" scene that makes you wonder. If you are into the Evil Dead franchise or others like that, Slither should be an enjoyable watch for you.
½ April 4, 2016
19.12.2006,
04.04.2016
March 4, 2016
Paying homage to 80's B-movie horror films, Slither blends the perfect balance of humor and slimy scares for audiences that have a high tolerance for oozing gore.
½ February 19, 2016
Slither feels like one of those old monster or creature films back in the 50's & 60's. It's gory, it's absurd at times and it was a solid start for James Gunn as a director.
January 31, 2016
A nice reference to both the Blob and a few of zombie Romero films. Its got everything a horror comedy should have,gore, funny moments, good acting, nice cinematography, zombies and likeable characters. Its a cult alien parasite film entertaining and trust me, you wont get bored. Recommended !!
January 2, 2016
James Gunn, ex-alumno de los estudios Troma y guionista de películas como el re-make de "Dawn Of The Dead" y "Scooby-Doo", debuta como director con "Slither", una película de terror protagonizada por Nathan Fillion ("Firefly") y Elizabeth Banks, acerca de una criatura que llega del espacio exterior para convertir a los humanos en zombies y/o comida. Los referentes a "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers", "The Blob", "The Thing" y "The Brood" sirven como ingredientes para un delicioso plato que hará las delicias de los amantes del buen cine clase B con aroma ochentero.
December 11, 2015
_REWATCH REVIEW_
I had seen this movie way back in 2009 for the first time and I wanted to revisit it, so when I saw the movie in the shop, I just had to get it! The movie is just as I remember it. The story follows a group of people trying to stop an alien parasyte from taking over the world. A meteor fell on the Earth and has infected a man, Grant. He then started to make breeders who will make more of the parasytes to infect more people. His wife and the police department try to stop him from destroying the world. It's quite an interesting story, but what makes this movie so special is the way that humour and horror get combined. The whole tone of the movie is very comical and rarely it's scary, it's more disgusting than scary, but that doesn't matter, it's really awesome! There are many scenes where I laughed out loud, but also a few scenes where the gore is so over-the-top that you don't know whether to laugh or be disgusted. The characters are likeable, witty and very amusing, especially the Bill character, played by Nathan Fillion. Bill is one hilarious guy! Almost everything that comes out of his mouth is funny (lots of great one liners). The acting is great and everyone did a really great job. I have to admit Michael Rooker as Grant was fantastic! Speaking of Grant, the makeup looks amazing! Although CGI is quite obvious at a lot of points, it's also obvious when they're using practical effects, and they look really sweet. All in all, this is one of the better executed horror/comedy movies that I would strongly recommend checking out for it's tone, gore and characters.
½ October 31, 2015
Gross, yet highly entertaining creature-feature with fun humor and clever writing.
October 25, 2015
Flesh-eating slugs from outer space! Not for the squeamish. Fun horror/comedy flick. James Gunn is a genius.
October 17, 2015
Gooey Horror Goodness....
½ September 17, 2015
A throwback B movie homage which piles on the gross out visuals.
August 27, 2015
James Gunn delivers his best with Slither, shaping a cult film with disturbing levels of grotesque and a heart in the center; his decision to go for the most predictable ending, however, hurts it considerably, especially when rumors have it that this wasn't his original intention.
August 13, 2015
I have to say, I'm really not normally into gross-out horror. But this is so skillfully done, I'm glad I finally got around to watching it. There were quite a few moments I genuinely laughed out loud, so while it wasn't scary (because gross-out isn't scary to me), the combination of gross and comedy was really intelligent.

Something else I found intelligent, and I may have been seeing what I wanted to see, were the subtle feminist messages. Stuff like the teenaged girl being the only one in her family to survive because she was able to kill the worm with inherently feminine things, such as a long manicure and a hair straightener. And when the same teenage girl saves the police chief, I thought it was both funny and pointed of the film to make a point of saying the male chief would claim that victory for himself.

All in all, despite the weird premise, I didn't find the gore boring and pointless. It was funny, entertaining, and sexual metaphors actually disturbed me a little. Anytime something is done to a woman's body without her consent (including and especially when things are inserted) it reads a metaphor of rape to me, and those always disturb me. It was an excellent movie.
August 6, 2015
Pam where's Jim??? LeL yeah pretty funny end of the world alien apocalaypse film. Evolution, Faculty Slither are all in the same box. bet they all came out at the same similar times. I'm going to check now. Slither was a bit OTT but was still enjoyables.
August 2, 2015
The special effects were terrible and the story was ridiculous, but it was still a reasonably entertaining monster movie.
July 27, 2015
I enjoyed the campiness factor of this film. The creepy crawlers are not scary, they're disgusting and I think that's why this movie's comedic nature worked. I did like the simple storyline and the fact that the film makers made fun of people that live in mid-America were more droll than flat-out mean. Even though the main lead characters were not fully explored, the side characters made up for it. For instance, the mayor was interesting because he's satirical yet still somewhat likeable. Think of the film as an alien film turned into a zombie movie. Although a little more focus on the alien lifeform could have elevated this picture in a new level, it's still not bad. This movie will suit anyone who is easily disgusted. It reminded me of the 80's with films like "Dead Alive."
½ July 8, 2015
The plot is basically an homage to other horror films, Invasion of the body snatchers, Shivers, Society, etc.. but for me it didn't do enough to make it its own film. Still was enjoyable with many other horror references
½ June 30, 2015
Lovingly crafted creature feature. So gross that you can almost smell it. Snappy, funny dialogue and priceless details. This is really well put together.
June 24, 2015
I think Slither could have been a lot better, but it's still a ton of fun. Gross, gory and funny as ever!
June 16, 2015
Fillion is love, Fillion is life.