Slither - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Slither Reviews

½ June 7, 2015
B-movie heaven? Pretty much.
June 6, 2015
James Gunn has done his director's debut with Slither that is one of the best horror-comedy films in a long time. Nathan Fillion, Elizabeth Banks, and Michael Rooker gives out some great performances that never seem like they weren't trying in a genre like this. Almost all of the effects are practical which I'm relieved to see and be freaked out about something that's there. There were some computer effects that I saw, but they still look good nonetheless. There's some scenes that seem to pay homage to other famous horror movies and it fits well to this. The writing is really good and it created a lot of jokes that are really funny. The effects also gives off some creativity that are both stylish and gross. It has some creepy moments and the villain's backstory is vague, but is creepy enough to be into interpretation. The characters are enjoyable to watch, and the film is very smart enough that is not doing something dumb like glorifying the gore effects. Slither is a fantastic effort by James Gunn that I'm surprised that it's the same person that actually did Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy.
½ May 17, 2015
I don't know how to say this. This doesn't happen often I'm actually very rarely disgusted by anything. This movie just makes me feel sick, literally. Believe me I love the walking dead. The thing though about people eating till they burst and worms coming out of them just made me wanna vomit. Aside from that I guess its okay. Just that fact which is really central to the movie just ruined it for me.
May 16, 2015
An excellant Sci-Fi Horror Comedy that pays tribute to creature films of the 80s. This gorefest has many laughs as well as chills. This film reminded me of the old creature feature films I watched as a kid. One of the best Horror films of 2006.
May 2, 2015
Great cinematography, great writing, and great special effects, Slither is one of the better twists on the zombie movie plot.
April 30, 2015
I really loved this movie. "Oh, I'm okay, it's just a bee sting".

It's all the more better knowing that Gunn did it.
½ April 3, 2015
It takes a while for its comedic throwback elements to kick in, but once they do, Slither proves to be an entertaining low budget horror romp with fun characters and unique visual style.
½ April 2, 2015
There's clearly a lot of respect in the making of this movie. Respect for both itself and for the outspoken fandom that this sort of film attracts. This is for fans of Romero, Raimi, the reformed Peter Jackson, and, of course, the great Roger Corman. There are points where I felt a little drained by it, but that's completely forgivable considering how delightfully fun and self-aware that the rest of the film was. Awesome fun! Creepy and disgusting mixed in with some solid, outlandish comedy!
March 3, 2015
A funnily pretentious film, but the first forty something minutes are very boring until out of the blue a scene in the bath tub grabs you at your CGI heart strings and the horror finally begins only to eventually fall back into uninteresting plot that tries not to take itself seriously only adding fire to the flames. The only thing great about this film is its visual and special effects. As a horror film it is not scary nor frightening, only in one scene with the family that met there slithery end is when it get a little close to sinister. Along with a plot ripped from another film Invasion of The Body Snatchers, get ready to watch a film made by a film-crew that would not know horror if it forced it way down there throats. A asteroid crash-lands on earth in an American southern town, that will be the new breeding place for an alien race that has lived for millions of years, but some-how falls in love with an earth-girl.
February 8, 2015
Gross, slimy, and twisted, Slither is an amazing homage to 80s horror (everything from Night of the Creeps to The Thing) that provides hilarious gags and solid performances (seriously, Michael Rooker is creepy as hell in this movie) from its cast.
February 1, 2015
soooo gross...so disgusting. .but it's got Nathan â(TM)¡
½ January 30, 2015
With some dark humor along side some gory moments, Slither proves be some fucked-up shit!
January 22, 2015
A gross but funny horror comedy.
½ January 21, 2015
Entertaining horror-comedy from James Gunn pays homage to the horror-comedies of the 1980s, and it is a lot of fun. It has some good gore effects, a solid cast, and some ridiculousness that never takes itself too seriously. If you like stuff from the 80s like "Night of the Creeps" or the "Evil Dead" movies, chances are you'll find something to enjoy in this.
½ January 19, 2015
This is an odd little horror film that's almost too cheesy but it sort of all works.
January 18, 2015
Its doesn't get campier and more B-movie than this. Its a wonderful and very funny tribute to horror-comedies.
January 13, 2015
Great director - fantastic '80s homage horror - soooooo entertaining
January 13, 2015
Let me say this first: slither is an extremely Americanised film. And it doesn't work. The first ten minutes of the film are up to the standard of, well, almost none. Granted the film does get better, but the ridiculous acting thats done in a way which suggests the film is entirely serious, drowns the film. The screenplay, by Gunn, barely pulls any laughs. I guess his answer to shaun of the dead (for which he also wrote the screenplay) is utter garbage. Granted, the film picks up pace as it continues but there is only one real funny scene at the end. The accents are cringeworthy and hard to love, making it really hard for the audience to sympathise with them. You kinda want the alien zombie things to win. But, as slither scales into hollywood clichés, of course that doesnt happen.
This film, frankly, is a mess of gags, slime and blood. Just not the funny type
½ December 28, 2014
Cinematic eccentricity riddled with dauntlessness and energy, because in here what does not work as horror works as comedy, and vise versa. It steps on the leagues of Scream, The Cabin in the Woods, or even Tremors.
½ December 13, 2014
mengingatkan akan film Evil Dead trilogi, dead alive, dan film sejenisnya...