Slither - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Slither Reviews

August 6, 2015
Pam where's Jim??? LeL yeah pretty funny end of the world alien apocalaypse film. Evolution, Faculty Slither are all in the same box. bet they all came out at the same similar times. I'm going to check now. Slither was a bit OTT but was still enjoyables.
August 2, 2015
The special effects were terrible and the story was ridiculous, but it was still a reasonably entertaining monster movie.
July 27, 2015
I enjoyed the campiness factor of this film. The creepy crawlers are not scary, they're disgusting and I think that's why this movie's comedic nature worked. I did like the simple storyline and the fact that the film makers made fun of people that live in mid-America were more droll than flat-out mean. Even though the main lead characters were not fully explored, the side characters made up for it. For instance, the mayor was interesting because he's satirical yet still somewhat likeable. Think of the film as an alien film turned into a zombie movie. Although a little more focus on the alien lifeform could have elevated this picture in a new level, it's still not bad. This movie will suit anyone who is easily disgusted. It reminded me of the 80's with films like "Dead Alive."
½ July 8, 2015
The plot is basically an homage to other horror films, Invasion of the body snatchers, Shivers, Society, etc.. but for me it didn't do enough to make it its own film. Still was enjoyable with many other horror references
½ June 30, 2015
Lovingly crafted creature feature. So gross that you can almost smell it. Snappy, funny dialogue and priceless details. This is really well put together.
June 24, 2015
I think Slither could have been a lot better, but it's still a ton of fun. Gross, gory and funny as ever!
June 16, 2015
Fillion is love, Fillion is life.
½ June 7, 2015
B-movie heaven? Pretty much.
June 6, 2015
James Gunn has done his director's debut with Slither that is one of the best horror-comedy films in a long time. Nathan Fillion, Elizabeth Banks, and Michael Rooker gives out some great performances that never seem like they weren't trying in a genre like this. Almost all of the effects are practical which I'm relieved to see and be freaked out about something that's there. There were some computer effects that I saw, but they still look good nonetheless. There's some scenes that seem to pay homage to other famous horror movies and it fits well to this. The writing is really good and it created a lot of jokes that are really funny. The effects also gives off some creativity that are both stylish and gross. It has some creepy moments and the villain's backstory is vague, but is creepy enough to be into interpretation. The characters are enjoyable to watch, and the film is very smart enough that is not doing something dumb like glorifying the gore effects. Slither is a fantastic effort by James Gunn that I'm surprised that it's the same person that actually did Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy.
½ May 17, 2015
I don't know how to say this. This doesn't happen often I'm actually very rarely disgusted by anything. This movie just makes me feel sick, literally. Believe me I love the walking dead. The thing though about people eating till they burst and worms coming out of them just made me wanna vomit. Aside from that I guess its okay. Just that fact which is really central to the movie just ruined it for me.
May 16, 2015
An excellant Sci-Fi Horror Comedy that pays tribute to creature films of the 80s. This gorefest has many laughs as well as chills. This film reminded me of the old creature feature films I watched as a kid. One of the best Horror films of 2006.
May 2, 2015
Great cinematography, great writing, and great special effects, Slither is one of the better twists on the zombie movie plot.
April 30, 2015
I really loved this movie. "Oh, I'm okay, it's just a bee sting".

It's all the more better knowing that Gunn did it.
½ April 3, 2015
It takes a while for its comedic throwback elements to kick in, but once they do, Slither proves to be an entertaining low budget horror romp with fun characters and unique visual style.
½ April 2, 2015
There's clearly a lot of respect in the making of this movie. Respect for both itself and for the outspoken fandom that this sort of film attracts. This is for fans of Romero, Raimi, the reformed Peter Jackson, and, of course, the great Roger Corman. There are points where I felt a little drained by it, but that's completely forgivable considering how delightfully fun and self-aware that the rest of the film was. Awesome fun! Creepy and disgusting mixed in with some solid, outlandish comedy!
March 3, 2015
A funnily pretentious film, but the first forty something minutes are very boring until out of the blue a scene in the bath tub grabs you at your CGI heart strings and the horror finally begins only to eventually fall back into uninteresting plot that tries not to take itself seriously only adding fire to the flames. The only thing great about this film is its visual and special effects. As a horror film it is not scary nor frightening, only in one scene with the family that met there slithery end is when it get a little close to sinister. Along with a plot ripped from another film Invasion of The Body Snatchers, get ready to watch a film made by a film-crew that would not know horror if it forced it way down there throats. A asteroid crash-lands on earth in an American southern town, that will be the new breeding place for an alien race that has lived for millions of years, but some-how falls in love with an earth-girl.
February 8, 2015
Gross, slimy, and twisted, Slither is an amazing homage to 80s horror (everything from Night of the Creeps to The Thing) that provides hilarious gags and solid performances (seriously, Michael Rooker is creepy as hell in this movie) from its cast.
February 1, 2015
soooo gross...so disgusting. .but it's got Nathan (TM)
½ January 30, 2015
With some dark humor along side some gory moments, Slither proves be some fucked-up shit!
January 22, 2015
A gross but funny horror comedy.