Slugs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Slugs Reviews

January 7, 2013
Near absolute garbage. Not much entertainment value here unless you have a slug fetish or are a bad movie masochist. Barely got one star due to the ridiculously over-the-top ending involving what must have been most of the production money in a pyrotechnics display that produced a rare smile in this otherwise dull and utterly stupid "monster" B-movie. Seriously...it's a horror film about slugs. It's as bad and ridiculous as it sounds.
January 2, 2013
made in my home town!
November 3, 2012
brilliant film. well recommend it. so funnny though. infestation of flesh eating slugs. loved the sound affects.
October 27, 2012
Gardeners in Wayne County beware. An old toxic waste dump has mutated area slugs into carnivors. Solid horror film includes a memorable gory death scene of a young couple.
½ September 3, 2012
could have been fun but unfortunatly its pretty boring despite some decent gore.
August 24, 2012
I love this movie. I think its just a hoot how something as slow as a slug could kill someone. Some very interesting kill scenes.
½ August 15, 2012
Flesh-eating slugs contaminate a town's water system while most civic officials refuse to accept the gravity of the situation. Predictably, the cause is the presence of an expired toxic waste dump within city limits. Sadly, only one teenager shows up in costume at the Halloween party. A few over-the-top deaths help raise the bar for this one.
½ August 13, 2012
Writer Shaun Hutson has been pretty vocal at his dismay of the limp treatment of his brutally horrifying novel got where the antagonistic slugs look more like lawn cigars instead of the dynamic hunters he wrote.

Without any humour or skill in the effects (i used the word "effects" for lack of any other word to describe static sausages playing the part of the slugs) the movie is a trial to get through and not nearly competent enough to be fun ridiculing.
½ July 25, 2012
It is not just awful, it is terribly awful. Too bad there wasn't any Kaufman or Corman behind the camera to add more exploitation genre. "Killer slugs?! What'll be next? Demented crickets, rampage mosquitoes?" however self-irony is brilliant.
½ July 6, 2012
Ever seen Horror Of Party Beach? No? Well watch that instead of this, cuz it's pretty much the same thing, only with slow moving, stupid slugs that you would have to TRY to get killed by. The main difference: Horror Of Party Beach had music and dancing, while Slugs has.....uh....two shots of nekkid people. That's it. I hope you like the dramatic musical score, because they use the same part every time, even when people are slowly parking. Aside from a few really good special affects, theres really nothing at all special here.
June 16, 2012
Some of the worst acting I've ever seen.
June 4, 2012
no info = no interest
½ April 25, 2012
Atrocious acting but the slugs deliver the bloody goods.
April 13, 2012
I love shitty movies!!!!!!!
½ March 11, 2012
Not the best movie but was worth a try.
March 9, 2012
I remember watching this movie in usa network. so I stream this in net flix the special effects was not bad
½ January 16, 2012
Haha, great 80's horror movie. I was hoping for giant slugs at one point, but they didn't seem to make it that far. Aside from that it was a fun movie.
½ December 29, 2011
As a film, its pretty damn awful. No tension. Predictable scenes. But damn, this film has some of the funniest deaths and they are done in such weird ways. Also, the lines may not be delivered well, but they are FUNNY. When the local health inspector (main character) tries to convince the mayor to shut down the water system because of the mutated slugs, he gets this response: ""YOU DONT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO DECLARE HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN THIS TOWN"