Slugs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Slugs Reviews

October 27, 2012
Gardeners in Wayne County beware. An old toxic waste dump has mutated area slugs into carnivors. Solid horror film includes a memorable gory death scene of a young couple.
½ September 3, 2012
could have been fun but unfortunatly its pretty boring despite some decent gore.
August 24, 2012
I love this movie. I think its just a hoot how something as slow as a slug could kill someone. Some very interesting kill scenes.
½ August 15, 2012
Flesh-eating slugs contaminate a town's water system while most civic officials refuse to accept the gravity of the situation. Predictably, the cause is the presence of an expired toxic waste dump within city limits. Sadly, only one teenager shows up in costume at the Halloween party. A few over-the-top deaths help raise the bar for this one.
½ August 13, 2012
Writer Shaun Hutson has been pretty vocal at his dismay of the limp treatment of his brutally horrifying novel got where the antagonistic slugs look more like lawn cigars instead of the dynamic hunters he wrote.

Without any humour or skill in the effects (i used the word "effects" for lack of any other word to describe static sausages playing the part of the slugs) the movie is a trial to get through and not nearly competent enough to be fun ridiculing.
½ July 25, 2012
It is not just awful, it is terribly awful. Too bad there wasn't any Kaufman or Corman behind the camera to add more exploitation genre. "Killer slugs?! What'll be next? Demented crickets, rampage mosquitoes?" however self-irony is brilliant.
½ July 6, 2012
Ever seen Horror Of Party Beach? No? Well watch that instead of this, cuz it's pretty much the same thing, only with slow moving, stupid slugs that you would have to TRY to get killed by. The main difference: Horror Of Party Beach had music and dancing, while Slugs has.....uh....two shots of nekkid people. That's it. I hope you like the dramatic musical score, because they use the same part every time, even when people are slowly parking. Aside from a few really good special affects, theres really nothing at all special here.
June 16, 2012
Some of the worst acting I've ever seen.
June 4, 2012
no info = no interest
½ April 25, 2012
Atrocious acting but the slugs deliver the bloody goods.
April 13, 2012
I love shitty movies!!!!!!!
½ March 11, 2012
Not the best movie but was worth a try.
March 9, 2012
I remember watching this movie in usa network. so I stream this in net flix the special effects was not bad
½ January 16, 2012
Haha, great 80's horror movie. I was hoping for giant slugs at one point, but they didn't seem to make it that far. Aside from that it was a fun movie.
½ December 29, 2011
As a film, its pretty damn awful. No tension. Predictable scenes. But damn, this film has some of the funniest deaths and they are done in such weird ways. Also, the lines may not be delivered well, but they are FUNNY. When the local health inspector (main character) tries to convince the mayor to shut down the water system because of the mutated slugs, he gets this response: ""YOU DONT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO DECLARE HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN THIS TOWN"
TheDudeLebowski65
November 5, 2011
Slugs is a fun B movie about killer meat eating Slugs. The film should be viewed by every horror fan that enjoys nature gone wild films. Though it has a very silly premise, Slugs doesn't disappoint. Gore hounds will enjoy the amounts of gore that the film offers. Slugs is a fun horror comedy and though it doesn't have any good acting, the film more than makes up for that with the effective gore effects. Pieces director Juan Piquer Simon has fun with the script, and delivers a film that is a lot of fun to watch. Slugs is of course silly, but what do you expect? This is still a film worth seeing, and for horror fans that enjoy silly horror, Slugs is a definite must see film. Like I said, the effects are great and it's what makes this film worth seeing. Slugs is different than your regular killer creature film, and it works. The film may be imperfect, however it is very entertaining. Slugs can easily be seen as a guilty pleasure and though the premise is ludicrous, the film has enough good elements to make it an enjoyable viewing experience. The film has great gore, and a decent story, and the acting isn't too bad considering, but it definitely isn't the best either. This still a good horror comedy and it will definitely appeal to fans of silly horror films. With a film titled such as Slugs, you can't really expect a phenomenal bone chilling horror film can you? A good film, that has some good gore effects that is the standout of the film.
½ November 4, 2011
Good cheesy 80s Horror that knows what it is and doesn't take itself too seriously. I mean come on.....Slugs? Really? Who honestly thought this was going to be a serious horror? For the time this came out, this was like something alttle different to offset the slasher craze that was slowly dying by 1987. The acting is somewhat comical and alittle too winking at the camera for its own good but it wasn't half bad. The effects are very serviceable for the budget, and I didn't hate any of the characters.
This is a great addition to any cheesy 80s horror collection....so if you've waited all these years and always passed this by at your local blockbuster or mom and pop video store, give it a shot on netflix.
October 1, 2011
Repulsive in nearly every way possible.