Small Crimes Reviews

• May 16, 2019

amazing so gripping, would recommend to everybody

amazing so gripping, would recommend to everybody

• Dec 12, 2018

Dark comedy that I wanted to like and at various times I did. I had a hard time getting past just how horrible this guy's parent's were. No wonder his life came crashing down.

• Jun 10, 2018

Engaging, violent, character-driven slow-burn neo noir. If this is the sort of movie you like, you will enjoy it on a lazy afternoon.

• Apr 27, 2018

A movie where everything that can go wrong does is believable. Except the ending not really believable. I didn't care for the ending. 3 star acting but a 2 star story.

• Apr 24, 2018

A relatively conventional narrative, offset with character development and quality acting that leaves a sense of real closure. And, of course humorous american style shit and ass talk.

• Mar 05, 2018

Very dark, fantastic performances. No idea how his is getting such a poor score

Very dark, fantastic performances. No idea how his is getting such a poor score

• Mar 04, 2018

American Lannister is a cheerful film with a happy ending.

American Lannister is a cheerful film with a happy ending.

• Feb 02, 2018

Better than expected crime film. That being said, it is still no great find as it often follows the typical cliched plotline.

• Jan 08, 2018

The film was full of stock characters: the repentant mob boss, his vicious mob son; a weak bad cop with a weak father and harpy mother; the cold, hard wife; slick, amoral head cop; the goody two shoes lawyer who's not quite as good as he appears; and of course, the damaged women: an amoral hooker with a crazy boyfriend and a nurse with a weakness for weak, good looking men. For the most part the actors play their assigned roles well. The film is bleak rather than noir; with one small redeeming element: the weak father and the weak son are not quite as weak as we thought.

• Dec 04, 2017

No idea why this got bad reviews, it's good in a noir way. Has good twist and to me like a Point Blank or Bring me the Head of Alfredo Garcia. Sure those are better films, but this has that raw feeling and all solid performance. I'm a film snob and I liked it.