Small Town Saturday Night Reviews

• Sep 20, 2017

Wallows in its grounded, almost buried, smallness. One wonders how any creative inspiration could be culled from such surroundings, which would've made a better topic herein.

• Jul 08, 2015

Cannot deny that I'd never have given this movie a second glance if it wasn't for Chris Pine. It's takes a long slow look at the intertwined lives of small town folk. Chris Pine may be the main attraction but every single actor plays their part to perfection. Just to add... I was blown away by Chris Pine's singing at the end. Who knew?!!

• May 23, 2015

a bit slow for me but still good

a bit slow for me but still good

• Apr 12, 2015

Local town story of resident trying to make it into the big time. Chris Pine is subtle and slow moving into an obvious laid back storyline.

• Aug 25, 2014

Couldn't even finish it.

Couldn't even finish it.

• Erin C Super Reviewer
    Jun 02, 2014

This was really boring and pointless. I didn't get anything new out of watching this.

• Jan 04, 2014

The beginning was slow and kept waiting for it to pick up and get interesting and it never did. I was disappointed with the movie.

• Dec 18, 2013

I like Chris Pine (Star Trek Into Darkness). I think he's got charisma and a movie star quality. However, he sometimes picks features that don't let him shine the way he does in 'Star Trek' or even the much-maligned 'This Means War'. This is one of those features. It's probably best that it flew under the radar, despite having Oscar winner Octavia Spencer (Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters) and multi-nominee John Hawkes (The Sessions) amongst the co-stars. It really just plays out like a soap-opera set in some redneck part of Tennessee. I was looking forward to him singing, since he'll be appearing in 'Into the Woods' next year, but there wasn't much to judge his talent on besides one song and a lot of introspective strumming of his guitar. He shows inklings of talent, but is hamstrung by a sappy, but not entirely unlikeable story.

• Aug 30, 2013

A good movie, felt like I was watching Friday Night Lights with no major dramatic events. The most surprising storyline was the thought of a small town and that everybody is related one way or another. Chris Pine couldn't carry this movie by itself but overall it is a good movie to watch once.

• Aug 13, 2013

Good because Chris Pine was in it. Better than anyone else. It was too much of a cliffhanger. I wanted there to be a sequel.