Smart House - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Smart House Reviews

½ June 17, 2016
This movie was pretty entertaining. I think of it as what would happen if a mega-Siri was programmed into a house.
The special effects were good for the time, and the main characters did a splendid job at acting.
The supporting characters though...were awkward. It was as if they memorized their scripts and were robotically reciting it.
And the ending was...pretty bizarre.

Overall this movie was enjoyable, but I wouldn't watch it again.
June 1, 2016
It would be cool to have a house like PAT!
½ May 2, 2016
A rewatch from my childhood. Glad to know it's still entertaining. Very cute.
April 28, 2015
Yeah, that's right. The 1999 Disney Original. I'll start off by saying I watched all four of these movies while I was sick in bed. I remembered thinking Smart House was interesting back in the day and had the urge to re-watch it. Of course it is very 90's. There's even a boy band dance sequence. With smart houses becoming a thing now I think this movie needs a do over. Who wouldn't want a vacuum sucking carpet and every meal made instantly just by asking? It's corny and cheesy and yet let me wanting to re-watch a lot of the Disney Originals. Good memories.
June 30, 2014
It's ridden with cliches and has a load of ridiculous dialogue that's very laughable. It's effects are dated and the script is too much disneified (Disney-fied) and it's meh overall.
½ December 28, 2013
Ryan Merriman rocks the house in one of the best Disney Channel Original Movies! (First viewing - Teen years)
September 15, 2013
Why must Disney do this?! Why?! Okay for a DCOM, but still a typical bad acted and executed movie.
June 11, 2012
Awesome! I lllllooooovvvveeed this movie as a kid to.
April 18, 2012
It was a good movie.
April 7, 2012
In this Disney film a single father and his 2 kids win a super computer controlled house in which things are controlled with a touch of a keypad. Great Family Fun!!
April 5, 2012
i liked this movie when i saw it back in the day. i havent since i was in the 5th grade 5 years ago....amazing how much television channels you onced loved become irritating after a few years w/o cable....
½ December 27, 2011
Oh Disney Original Movies. This one was cute, no doubt. A fun story about a self-sufficient family who win a smart house in a contest. High-jinks ensue as the son tries to prove to his dad that they don't need a mom when they've got him, and a smart house. As futuristic as this movie feels, it also feels dated (course it's from 1999) but it's still a fun family flick. Plus its directed by LeVar Burton.
November 6, 2011
I thought it was an adorable movie and a more kid friendly version of Ray Bradbury's "The Veldt".
October 2, 2011
Only one word describes this movie...weird"
½ September 13, 2011
one of the few disney original movies i havent liked that much.
August 16, 2011
Technology is taking over the human race!!!! C+
August 9, 2011
May 15, 2011
Disney channel movies are really cheesy... and I also got a creepy vibe off of this movie. I watched it for Ryan Merriman, and he did a good job, as well as the other actors. It is of course, very Disney... but I don't know... creeeeeepy.
April 4, 2011
One of the most entertaining films from the long gone golden age of Disney Channel.
½ March 17, 2011
Smart House has a very interesting premise. It is cool for a kid to think of having a house like that until it get's crazy. It is less predictable then some movies that Disney Channel has made, but it still is. I enjoyed it a lot though. Overall this is a good movie.