Smash & Grab: The Story of the Pink Panthers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Smash & Grab: The Story of the Pink Panthers Reviews

August 18, 2016
Part crime story, part travelogue, part history lesson this story touches many aspects of the origin and current activities of the Pink Panthers. A little disjointed and not all that detailed it is still an interesting story of this notorious group.
October 17, 2014
One of the best documentaries I have ever viewed!
July 12, 2014
All of the robbery footage in this film is real and done by the criminal group this doc is based on, but for me there wasn't enough of it to sustain the movie. Instead the first half of the film is more of a lesson about the tumultuous history of yugoslavia which i enjoyed but it wasn't what i wanted. Still pretty good and some cool insight but it left me unfulfilled.
April 17, 2014
very informative and original.I liked the interviews with animation.
½ December 29, 2013
Fascinating documentary, especially when they interview members of the gangs who have pulled off these robberies.
December 8, 2013
A fun movie about real-life events that seemed to be taken directly from a fictional movie!
November 21, 2013
Havana Marking takes us right into the world of one of the most impressive organised gang of jewel thieves of all times, the Pink Panthers. Through its clever and hip mixtures of elements from real life surveillance footage to a fascinating use of animation, this film is an original look at organised crime with a modern and exciting feel. Yet, there is more than an impressive and creative visual style to the Smash and Grab experience. Apart from the enriching and pricelessly insightful interviews with real members of the Pink Panthers, with this documentary Marking also offers an interesting and original viewpoint on the figure of the criminal by digging deep within their personalities, their cultural background and even their place in history, exposing them as flawed and vulnerable as any other human being.
½ October 22, 2013
Very well made documentary into a largely unknown world!
August 4, 2013
True crime always an interesting watch.
August 1, 2013
Great, interesting, well made film about a mad slice of society.