Smiley - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Smiley Reviews

½ February 15, 2015
A misfiring techno-horror that is essentially a rehash of plenty of other better films with this style and plot.
February 13, 2015
pretty bad, doesnt make a lot of sense...not sure what smileys motivate was
January 3, 2015
I did it for the lulz
i did it for the lulz
I did it for the lulz
½ December 22, 2014
Poorly executed w poorly casted actors.
½ December 17, 2014
So bad it's good. Really dumb movie but somewhat entertaining.
½ November 10, 2014
Unfocused, uninspired and an absolute waste of time, money and talent; Smiley scraps at the very bottom of the cinematic barrel of horror movie cliches and gags. And as an entry in the horror genre, it's not only forgettable but reprehensible!
November 9, 2014
A pretty bad horror movie that made me laugh a few times. As far as cheap slashers with bad acting go, this is still pretty awful. I think this would be a fun movie to watch in your friends basement one night, just to have a laugh... Other than that, not worth it.
October 21, 2014
Shane Dawson was the best part of this movie <3
½ September 30, 2014
Absolutely the worst attempt at horror I've ever seen.
September 28, 2014
I'm being pretty generous by giving it a flat 2 out of 5. It's a pretty boring and generic "horror" movie that would fit better as an early 80's or 90's slasher film. The only positive things this movie has are some awesome and strong performances by Shane Dawson, Toby Turner, the guy who plays the clan professor, and the villain looks very kickass, but outside of that, everyone else and everything else pretty much sucks. If you're bored and have nothing better to do, I'd say watch it just for Tobey, Shane and a cool looking Smiley.
½ September 21, 2014
Must of been written by a 10 year old!
September 18, 2014
Reminiscent of Scream, not a bad teen slasher.
September 14, 2014
This was the WORST piece of shit experience I have ever sat through.
It tried hard to be "smarter" than the average popcorn horror flick but it was just awful and completely stupid through the whole time. Everyone was awful in it and I think this was the worst experience of my entire life.
August 19, 2014
Despite some of the famous youtube stars we see (Toby Turner,Shane Dawson) and trailers that made the movie seem like it was going to be the next big Slasher film, Smiley just didn't live up to what everyone thought it was going to be. The acting seemed to be all over the place like the actors didn't know what they were doing. Despite a surprising end to the movie, Smiley was a mess of a Slasher movie and I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone.
August 12, 2014
Bad movie. Somewhat interesting plot, giving us a modern day twist on Urban Legend meets Scream, but it's not scary, not even creepy, with ok direction, decent gore, and so-so performances from its cast.
August 12, 2014
I enjoyed it a lot. I actually got scared a few times. Which is rare.
½ August 8, 2014
79%

Bloody Mary gets an upgrade.
August 2, 2014
its an amazing horror movie every time I see it I jump there is a new face of evil
July 25, 2014
As cool as it should be that a lot of YouTube personalities got together to make a horror movie, it really isn't. "Smiley" somehow manages to be totally derivative and stupid, then over-ambitious and pretentious in a matter of seconds near the end of the film. Maybe it's just the contrast between the movie trying and the movie not trying that feels so jarring, but regardless it's bad both ways.
July 23, 2014
this new age slasher has an unexpected depth and psychological twist that makes it worth viewing