Smiley Face - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Smiley Face Reviews

½ September 24, 2016
hilarious and well done
May 26, 2016
Arguably Anna Faris' best performance, it's not amazing but it's not dull either. I didn't like any of the characters but given that it had a banging soundtrack, I can forgive Araki.
July 26, 2015
In which Anna Faris spends over an hour of screen time adorably stoned, and you finally realize how talented she actually is and forget all about those terrible Scary Movie piles of dung (if you hadn't already). What's not to like?
½ June 7, 2015
It's stupid and cheesy, but I had no idea how funny it was going to be.
½ May 15, 2015
The kind of silliness that only a true stoner can fully appreciate. Anna Faris delivers a flawless comic performance from beginning to end.
March 31, 2015
Pretty bad stoner comedy with nothing but dumb drug jokes as it follows a girl who gets higher than she planned off her roommates pot cupcakes and then attempts to engage in daily activities like going to an audition and paying a power bill in person with little success. There's nothing here for anyone who isn't high and even people who are would hopefully have higher standards than can be met by a film like this.
March 18, 2015
Post Mysterious skin, Araki has opted for something a lot lighter and a lot less engaging in my opinion. This stoner story will either make you laugh and howl with outburst of laugh or bore you to death. Faris is absolutely spot on regarding the acting and gives a lot to this film. Her energy and funny faces are probably the best things out of this film. I'm usually fan of Araki's work but with this one I think he didn't quite achieved something great unless his goal was to make the ultimate stoner film, if that was the case I guess you can put that one along with Kid Cannabis and Cheech and Chong series.
March 2, 2015
A great stoner comedy!
½ February 4, 2015
Si eres un drogadicto o fumas demasiado, creo que esta comedia la disfrutarás como nunca. Estando Sobrio es para detestarla.
January 30, 2015
The exact same movie as 'Spun,' but with weed. Anna Faris is great, as always.
January 13, 2015
Hilarious yet predictable film, I myself found it fun silly entertainment... just switch off any logic and unwind ..sure it's not a true classic comedy (Naked Gun/ Uncle Buck) but I'm sure most people will find amusement with some of the jokes and slapstick humour watching this, especially if your a fan of stoner films, for example How High or Half Baked, or even Anna Faris' other comedies like The House Bunny and Scary Movie!!
November 30, 2014
note to self: pay power bills on time
August 29, 2014
On the surface, it looks like 84 minutes of wandering and cameos, but it is not in vain.
July 24, 2014
This is not a particularly good movie, but it's enjoyably stupid. Anna Faris and John Krasinski are hilarious, and the direction is surprisingly well done. The majority of this movie is dumb comedy, but it works well.
½ February 20, 2014
Anna Faris does an excellent job at playing a stoner. The script is simple but affective. There are plenty of funny, weird and interesting moments during this movie. There are also plenty of funny small roles in this comedy.
½ February 17, 2014
If your looking for a movie that actually has a plot than Smiley Face is NOT the movie for you but if you're looking for a weird movie that actually works out to be a pretty good movie than enjoy!
½ January 25, 2014
One of the least enjoyable stoner flicks just found Jane F really annoying
December 22, 2013
Love Anna Faris and this film was really good!
October 2, 2013
One of the greatest stoner films ever made. Gregg Araki is a genius with impeccably good taste in music. I like his films very much.
August 27, 2013
I loved this! It was hilarious! And having Anna Faris to look at the whole time is definitely a plus :) This is amovie I can revisit anytime to laugh at and brighten up a bad day.