Snake & Mongoo$e Reviews

• Mar 19, 2016

It's a bad TV movie, but an interesting story that uses the actual historic racing footage...definitely worth watching if you like drag racing.

• Sep 15, 2015

well crafted & acurate historical pic

well crafted & acurate historical pic

• Apr 05, 2015

Drag racing in the early days must have been really difficult. In the 70s and 80s Don "The Snake" Prudhomme and Tom "The Mongoose" McEwen showed us how in the film, Snake and Mongoose (2013). Drag Racing has defiantly changed over the last 50 years. These types of films can be extremely wretched and poorly put together. It is fair to say this is one of the best racing films, especially because it is based on a true story. This film could have been placed in the drama category, but instead placing it in the action and adventure avenue. Some might see this in a category all its own, known as based on a true story. Combining historical footage and showing their life story through actors is amazing to say the least. The plot of Snake and Mongoose (2013) is the story of Prudhomme and McEwen's relationship in the 70s and 80s. The story begins in southern California with two young kids having fun on the weekends trying to make a few extra bucks. As time went on they got better and better at what they do and pick up a few sponsors along the way. With McEwen's family sitting at home while he was out racing and him not being home caused some major problems. McEwen's wife Judy decides she has had enough and leaves him and takes the three boys with her. Prudhomme and McEwen are no longer teammates but are still friends looking out for one another. While out on the circuit traveling with his boys, McEwen was startled by his middle son. McEwen runs to find his youngest almost lifeless on the floor. McEwen takes him to the hospital and finds out the boy had leukemia. Which, by the end of the story takes his life, and gives his father a new perspective on reality. Two friends doing what they do best when their feelings separate them, ultimately brings them back together stronger than ever before. Prudhomme was originally in it for fun. McEwen, on the other hand was in it for the money, counting every penny and spending more than he had. The producers did a phenomenal job bringing historical footage into a story, telling a reenactment of two men's lives. The best part of the movie is when McEwen tells Prudhomme he was with me the whole time, showing him a picture. Prudhomme shakes his head and says me too, showing a different picture. McEwen went through a really hard time but he was resilient enough to bounce back once he accepted the fact that nothing more can be done. The movie ends with the original interview of Prudhomme and McEwen in 1978 at the U.S. Nationals in Indianapolis, Indiana. They also show extra footage from after they retired and were inducted into the motorsports hall of fame. They made it though some extremely rough times and are the backbone on which today's National Hot Rod Association was founded upon.

• Oct 10, 2014

Better than I expected it to be, starts out feeling a lot like an 80s straight to video movie about drag racing, but it ends up having a lot of feels. Decent flick, for something different from the norm.

• Aug 15, 2014

3.5 Stars This is a new thing for me, I liked this movie because it really happened. Solid Acting too, teaches about Fun, Life, Glory, Defeat, of course. Friendship and Loyalty and Love too. Cheers!

• Jun 27, 2014

Enjoyable biopic about to adversaries who became friends through competing in drag-racing

• Apr 28, 2014

68% Lets just say, I'm not a part of the target audience.

68% Lets just say, I'm not a part of the target audience.

• Apr 26, 2014

Would've given this a 4 star if Richard blake didn't look too much like David Hasselhoff

• Apr 22, 2014

Not the best acting, but very good story, if you have any interest at all in racing.

• Apr 01, 2014

Snake and Mongoose, I like it.

Snake and Mongoose, I like it.