Snakehead Terror - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Snakehead Terror Reviews

½ March 28, 2013
Snakehead Terror is an average movie for the SyFy Channel. It has a predictable Jaws like storyline and goofy effects. While it does settle with mediocrity and dull acting, it does have a rather gory climax and some fun sequences here and there.

Pros: Somewhat decent effects, some practical gore, Chelan Simmons is very cute, and it goes by quickly.

Cons: Low budget Jaws ripoff, lacks fun, dull acting.
October 6, 2012
The acting talent of Bruce Boxleitner as the sheriff, some surprisingly good CGI killer fish and a bit more gore than is normally shown make this movie watchable.... just don't expect too much.....
January 29, 2012
I like this movie but it is something to watch at one 's risk
January 17, 2012
An OK plot and mediocre acting. The CGI was a little better than Syfy's recent films. The scares dont really happen much throughout.
½ October 31, 2011
Not enough of the 'so bad it's funny' moments that might've saved it from being a waste of time
½ October 10, 2011
An OK SyFy flick with weak thrills and gore.
½ March 7, 2011
I can't believe I wasted precious hours of my life on this.
January 7, 2011
Like Piranha but with the reveal at the end of the movie instead of the beginning. Oh and not funny and no nudity, lame.
August 9, 2010
Why didn't they just run faster. Can you really shoot, pull, and grab a power line to do what he did?
January 5, 2010
Looks pretty good, not as boring as it seems.
December 11, 2009
The only thing required of Snakehead Terror is to be on.
½ December 7, 2009
"Did you bring bullets?"

No, he's gonna THROW the gun at it you moron!
½ November 25, 2009
Terrible movie! Don't see it! There is always something better on... I'd even watch curling instead.
½ November 8, 2009
A Jaws knock-off with nobody to fill Roy Scheider's shoes.
½ October 21, 2009
i saw this movie on t.v. and i thought it was cool it kind of reminds me of the movie Jaws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 17, 2009
i love this film !!

it makes me scream out loud !!

try to watch it !!

you'll gonna love this !!
½ June 18, 2009
If for no other reason than that it was filmed at Cultis Lake, this is worth watching. Sort of.
April 30, 2009
Snakehead Terror capitalizes on a somewhat interesting issue the US has had to deal with involving Snakehead fish and the disturbances they cause in the water. This film takes them to the extreme as large Snakeheads start tearing a small fishing community apart, literally. It's up to a group of cliches including town sheriff Bruce Boxleitner, biologist Carol Alt, and a bunch of stupid teenagers to stop these monstrosities! In all honestly, this movie follows a tried and true formula, showing very little originality (though I am surprised by how they chose actual special effects more often than dreadful CGI), but the film manages to be mindless B-movie entertainment. Anyone who goes looking for depth and range in a movie called Snakehead Terror, being completely thrown off by its sheer stupidity, and then giving it a terrible rating is honestly no smarter than this film. It's made all in dumb fun and should be treated as such. In your in to wacky Sci-fi nonsense like this, I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I did.
½ February 28, 2009
wasn't interested watching it , but turned tv on this morning and while turning channels seen Bruce and stopped to see what was going on.. reminds me of lake placid ....just not as good.
February 24, 2009
Mint. Creature feature clasic. Formulaic...yeah... and? It plays this as all good creature features should with a sense of knowing comedy. Chelan Simmons adds her delectable b-movie talents to yet another feature. and the assorted cast play their roles with plenty of vigour so as to keep your interest. Yes its daft, yes it has no money applied to CGI, and it has a wafer thin script and gain I say so? If you wanted to watch a cultured bit of cinema I would suggest you watch something without the words Snakehead in the title....its a good rule of thumb. If however you are after a genuine throwback creature feature then this movie is almost it and will certainly keep you interested. I dnt think this is as good as frankenfish but it does have chelan simmons the queen of b-movie horror.