Snow Beast - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Snow Beast Reviews

November 12, 2014
A tongue-in-cheek B feature that's really entertaining. 40/100
March 13, 2014
Do I even have to say anything? Just look at the movie poster.
½ June 13, 2013
LowBudget or not lmao looks to obvious it's someone in a Yeti Costume!
June 5, 2013
One of the best worst-made, scary un-scary films. It's like if Miss Dorothy's pre-school put on a production of Batman and someones mom made the costumes.
February 21, 2013
It's awfully hilarious and remains a staple go to movie in my house if we're feeling in the mood for laughing at the crappy costumed 'snow beast'. I mean seriously, it is the weirdest crap they sell cheap at the supermarket. I just can't resist buying straight to video b-movies. IS it even a b-movie? I mean WHAT can you call this other than some derogatory word.
November 25, 2012
This movie had potential, but it ignores the cardinal rule of not showing the beast until the final third, which means it has to look good. Sadly the low budget of the film means it doesn't look much more than a man in a big white furry suit.
August 28, 2012
A reasonable low budget monster movie about a Sasquatch creature killing and eating skiers and hikers. Acting is ropey as you would expect but the monster suit isn't bad (even when you can see the zip).
August 25, 2012
The snow beast has a cozy costume.
April 18, 2012
A no/low budget creature feature that could have benefited from a better creature design or just a desire to hide the zip in the back of the suit. John Schneider hams it up but its difficult to tell whether his character is meant to look like they've just got out of bed or whether he's jut there for the cheque and doesn't give a rats arse what he looks like. Definitely one to be watched late at night with a curry and a few beers.
March 20, 2012
It's not too bad. The characters are alright and there are some nice scenes and some spooky elements, but you never get a good look at the creature some the editing isn't so great. The ending was decent enough.
themoviewaffler.com
½ January 29, 2012
Although not a remake of the Seventies Yeti classic, it may as well be. The monster is hilarious as you can see to the left and you can even see where the zipper runs up it's spine. I'm a sucker for any movie with a Sasquatch/Yeti so despite this being awful on pretty much every level I was kept entertained for it's running time. Expect to see it turn up on the SyFy network sometime soon.
½ January 29, 2012
I have seen my share of low budget snow themed creature movies, and "Abominable" still remains the one to see... This film had no atmosphere at all and the characters were hideously annoying! I can't praise the premise (or the story) plainly because we've seen this scenario way too many times before and it's become so predictable... I wouldn't highly recommend this as much as I wouldn't recommend displaying the Snow Beasts suit zipper!
January 21, 2012
Standard survive the monster movie. Good cast. The monster was like something out of the original Doc Who
½ January 16, 2012
odd pace, low budget, and a zip in the back of the monster costume, yet weirdly compelling
Directors Cat
December 28, 2011
FIRST EVER REVIEW FOR THIS FILM FROM CRITICS OE AUDIENCE:

Apart from the actual monster everything about this movie is fine. For a low budget horror movie, it has a pretty good ensemble of characters and there is obvious enthusiasm to scare the audience. However, Snow Beast felt a lot like Shrek meets Piranha 3D. If it had a bigger budget or was marketed as a creature feature parody it could have had a chance at being something memorable. Everything done around the beast is fine. But was it scary? No.
½ December 5, 2011
It was pretty dumb movie pretty chessy for sure gave me a laugh or to but just a silly movie