Snow on tha Bluff - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Snow on tha Bluff Reviews

July 1, 2016
Straight hood shit show how lost our youth is
½ June 8, 2016
adrenaline rush! Is it real? Im thinking it is and i love it. Made me wanna man up a lil after watching haha :)
June 1, 2016
Oh man, this is something else. You get the true "fly on the wall" feeling with this so called documentary. The horror genre has many films that used the 'found footage' approach to give a sense of total realism, and although this isn't a found footage film, the approach and feeling is very similar. Curtis Snow steals a hand held camera during a potential drug deal, and from there he has every moment possible of his life filmed. What we see is a first hand account of what life as a robber and drug dealer living in the projects of Atlanta is like. There's no Hollywood polish. There's no intended moral to the story other than what you want to read into it. It just is what it is. The daily struggles of a person who lives a life most of us have no clue about. The highs and lows. The drama and paranoia. The drugs and guns and shots fired. The issues of being a father on top of that. It's all here. And it's a must watch if you ask me.
½ April 13, 2016
horrible...makes black people look bad
March 18, 2016
Real talk the block is hot! Get Money
½ November 5, 2015
Snow on tha bluff is a docu drama based on the unglamorous life of Curtis snow the movie give the viewer a day to day perspective of what it would be like to live in the bluffs of Atlanta Georgia. although the plot of the movie was a little bit rough around the edges It draws the viewer in with uncensored action and realism.From raiding arrival gang member stash houses to morning the loss of A loved one snow on the bluff is an instant Indie classic. The movie has unforgettable twists and turns they keep the viewer from taking their eyes off of the screen.
½ October 13, 2015
A Docu-Drama, which I don't usually care, this one is worth a watch. Nothing fancy at all. Real shot footage following Mr. Curtis Snow thru his daily live in one of the most dangerous cities in the U.S. The very few fictional aspects of the film are over weighed by real the characters. The choppy editing makes you was next. He is not a legend but a strong piece of something totally broken.
September 1, 2015
Unlike anything I have seen before. You are immersed into a culture that most of us don't get to experience. I didn't know much going into it. This will defiantly make the experience better.
December 14, 2014
Starts off almost believable, then drags for an hour longer than it needs to with no point.
September 22, 2014
What's real and what's fake is blurred beyond perception and that's what makes Snow on tha Bluff a mockumentary masterpiece.
September 7, 2014
If you have netflix this is a must see. I did research on it and it's real footage. The Atlanta police used it as evidence against Curtis in some cases.
½ July 29, 2014
While it's unclear how much of this story was staged by director Damon Russell, our protagonist Curtis Snow is surely real, and here he is in his element. A drug dealer, a father, and a man ravaged by grief through the deaths of many people he loves, Curtis is the perfect specimen for a faux documentary. This film details the War on Drugs, the real trauma of death, and retaliation between rival gangs via violence and theft. Many of the things shown in this documentary are indicative of the conditions of life in poverty stricken areas, especially "The Bluff," a neighborhood in Atlanta rife with crime and drug dealing. There has never been a depiction as full of depth, or a documentary as real to life, as this portrayal of Snow, a man who has lost many people he loves, yet continues in his life of crime because it's his only means of keeping himself and his son afloat. Very eye-opening and dramatic, this is a must-see for those who haven't experienced a world of disparity.
½ May 15, 2014
Probably not since Boyz in the Hood has such an honest portrayal of inner city "street life" been executed. This is what it looks like. Its gritty and gutter but at the same time bleak and empty. Its not sexy and it doesn't playcate to the audience, its raw and uncut. The characters aren't attractive by any means but honesty is what delivers. I've seen a million "hood documentaries" and ghetto crime dramas that offered little purpose, clarity, or resolve, but Snow on the Bluff is a story that delivers on that level. Its seems as though most mature viewers wont be highly impressed with drug usage, car chases, shootouts and violence but the perspective of it all is what makes this a diamond in the rough. Just when the viewer is ready to dismiss this movie as forgettable, something special but almost indescribable occurs.

At some point the main characters, scenes and sequences become more or less than low life ghetto thug filth. Eventually the movie turns towards an inescapable feeling of bleakness and hopelessness which puts everything into focus. Snow on the Bluff left a bitter taste in my mouth about the harsh reality of what is. With well placed scenes and direction character Snow gradually turns from an inarguably unlikable character to someone who's situation we learn to sympathize with.
March 20, 2014
Since the film is listed as a documentary, I went into it accepting it as "real" but with the knowledge that it may not be. Much of the film seems authentic, but every scene involving violence is clearly staged. Especially the scene where Curtis is shot and the assailants gun miraculously jams, all while the dude holding the camera continues to film as opposed to running. Despite the staged footage, the film itself is still a powerful look into the realities of life on the streets. Certain parts stirred up nostalgic memories. Other parts gave a look into areas of life that few people are ever exposed to. It's a solid film and it's edited very well. Definitely worth at least one viewing.
blkbomb
March 8, 2014
Snow on Tha Bluff is a pretty unknown film that chronicles the life of Curtis Snow. After he robs some people looking to buy drugs and takes their camera, he decides to tape all his goings on. This includes: robbing drug dealers, selling those drugs he sold, drinking and among weed on the street, providing money for his baby momma and son, and avoiding the police. Life turns on him when one of the gangsters he ripped off starts coming after him.

What's good about this movie is how real it feels with the handheld camera approach. Movies like Snow on Tha Bluff prove that there are still avenues for it. This movie shows the hood life like few are able to do. I don't know if these are truly real events or not, and it doesn't really matter because it is true regardless. Shit like this happens everyday in countless cities.

I liked this movie for the most part. It's a short movie about dope dealing and killing people, so it's not for everyone. This shows a side of life in America that most people rather just look the other way from. If you're into the hood setting for films, you can't go wrong with Snow on Tha Bluff. It's definitely worth a look.
½ February 23, 2014
pretty good real hood movie if your into all that
½ February 1, 2014
could not understand a f***ing they said in this film.
½ January 14, 2014
There aren't many movies that I simply can't get through. This was one of them...
December 13, 2013
Clearly staged scenes aside,pondering on how they accomplished such stark realism throughout is something that makes this film worth watching. Harmony Korine probably had a boner watching this.
December 3, 2013
I am a sucker for these faux-doc/ found footage type films. This particular one was thoroughly engrossing. It was realistic, funny, dramatic, and heartbreaking all at the same time. Hard to separate fact from fiction in this one.