Snow White: A Tale of Terror Reviews

• Sep 07, 2019

I adored it. Just watched it again tonight.

I adored it. Just watched it again tonight.

• Aug 25, 2018

One of my fav movies of all time

One of my fav movies of all time

• May 22, 2017

"Snow White: A Tale of Terror" is a well made fantasy/horror film centered around Sigourney Weaver's attempt to explore the humanity of the queen's evil.

• Aug 03, 2015

Weaver plays the villain brilliantly, meaning you are far more likely to be rooting for her than the dull heroine and her equally uninteresting allies.

• Apr 13, 2015

If Hammer Horror had adapted Snow White, it probably would looked allot like this. Weaver gives it her all in the stepmother role offering genuine menace as she shows more and more of her witch-powers as the dark movie unfolds. Little-seen director Michael Cohn (who directed the underrated Interceptor) unleashes horror atmospherics at every turn making this movie truer to the spirit of the original Grimm's fairy tales than any version before. The production design and Czech locales greatly enhance the fairy tale aspect to the production. Standout sequences include the tornado sequence in the forest with massive trees crashing down on everyone and the finale where Claudia is finally destroyed along with the mirror. The movie glosses over some plot developments, including the sudden love between the two leads but the positive points of this movie more than outweigh the minor quibbles. It is a shame that Brian Glover doesn't have more to do other then have a tree fall on him.

• Feb 19, 2015

Definitely one of the more interesting renditions of Snow White

Definitely one of the more interesting renditions of Snow White

• Nov 30, 2014

I watched this before I started using this website. Oh well, anyway, the movie is fairly mediocre and the plot is original. I don't really care for it that much.

• Oct 29, 2014

Definitely the best version of Snow White I have ever seen, but it's age and budget really show and it falters about 3/4 of the way through...still worth watching if it interests you at all.

• Jul 19, 2014

15 years past, still feels like terrifying!!

15 years past, still feels like terrifying!!

• Mar 08, 2014

I found this really slow in the beginning and quite boring. It got better towards the end but definitely not the best version of snow white I've ever seen.