Snow White and the Huntsman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Snow White and the Huntsman Reviews

½ April 13, 2018
the darkness works with the absorbing narrative surprisingly well, and the inventive visual effects transcend a well-known story. stewart is placated, hemsworth solid and theron is outstanding, avoiding cheesiness as ravenna the queen. it doesn't have much that's new, though.
March 30, 2018
When the evil Queen Ravenna (Charlize Theron) orders a lowly Huntsman (Chris Hemsworth) to recapture her stepdaughter Snow White (Kristen Stewart), he instead joins her, her childhood friend William (Sam Clafin) and a band of unruly dwarfs on a quest to end Ravenna's reign forever...

Rupert Sanders's take on the Brother's Grimm tale does have it's outstanding moments, mostly in the visuals and the cinematography taking inspiration from Studio Ghibli in the fairy kingdom and battle scenes.

However aside from Charlize Theron's chilling preformance as Ravenna and Chris Hemsworth trying his best to make this confusing screenplay interesting, the acting is mostly pretty poor as expected from Kristen Stewart and Sam Clafin. Although some of the actors portraying the dwarfs such as Ian McShane, Ray Winstone, Toby Jones and the late Bob Hoskins are entertaining as well, the idea of casting fully grown men as dwarfs, while ignoring actual dwarf actors such as Warwick Davis and Peter Dinklage is very questionable and a bit offensive.

Overall, it's clear that a lot of effort went into this film, but a better actress for Snow White herself, and a a few rewrites could have made it a truly great reimagining of this fairy tale.
February 22, 2018
I quite enjoyed this film. I watched it on TV. Well filmed with very good effects. Much better than the average Fantasy flick.
½ February 6, 2018
Totally an okay movie. I always support the idea that the princess never needs a prince to save the day. She can do it on her own. It's always great when people try to put another spin on the old fairytales. But like I said, the execution and whole movie was okay...
One star definitely belongs to my girl Charlize that ones again brings an amazing performance to an okay movie. Kristen and Chris are also good in this. It does the job.
January 13, 2018
Borrowing elements from legendary Princess Monomoke is just sacrilege. And the letdown runs deep.
December 22, 2017
Anyone want to watch it this weekend?
November 11, 2017
Snow White and the huntsman is a totally different plot from the original Snow White made in 1937. I found this one was pretty good the queen was pretty creepy I must say I like how Snow White is in the dark forest that was creepy and the Huntsman is trying to find her, shell he find her, that I'm not going to say you will find out. Now will Raven the evil queen win can't tell you find out now!!

Hay Keep in Mind they made a prequel to this movie
Called The Huntsman Winter war, that was the story before Snow White and the Huntsman.
½ October 8, 2017
REALLY BAD movie, top 5 worst. Bad acting, bad script, bad characters just horrible. I hate that I gave some money that supported this movie I wanted to walk out on several times.
½ August 27, 2017
Visually stunning, but the pacing felt like something from a Z-grade slasher flick. Awful to the point of infuriating.

Theron was a force, Hemsworth was Hemsworth, while Stewart displayed all the acting talent of a board in lipstick.
½ August 20, 2017
8/20/2017 (2):A decent movie, but not great. Darker than the stories i'm used too, but still entertaining with a good cast. The Dwarfs should have had a larger part though.
July 27, 2017
A surprisingly good dark version of the fairytale. Charlize Theron was fears as the Evil Queen!
July 24, 2017
Dramatic cinematography, gripping and great acting. Was surprised how enjoyable it was. Dark tone but seemed appropriate. to
July 18, 2017
The acting and cinematography was exemplary and the dark re-telling was far more befitting to the original fairytale.
July 16, 2017
Charlize Theron is the one good thing about this film. Kirsten Stewart's acting and Chris Hemsworth's accent are the worst
July 1, 2017
Stunning visuals and a great performance from Charlize Theron ultimately don't save the film from being mediocre. Kristen Stewart is serviceable as Snow White and Chris Hemsworth as the huntsman is a standout. The story is decent and dark but the script is a tad undercooked. The set design and costuming is superb however and worthy of praise. The film is not bad by any means and has moments of genuine awe. Rupert Sanders take on the fairy tale is under written but visually engrossing.
June 28, 2017
It's twist on the original Snow White story was spot on and the look of the story was dark and violent.
June 24, 2017
Easy to watch and the production value is excellent but the acting from the two lead ladies in particular from Kristen Stewart is pretty poor. Could have been so much better with a better screenplay and cast.
June 18, 2017
Uma produção visualmente rica, mas de conteúdo oco. Os produtores Joe Roth e Palak Patel só se preocuparam com a técnica e esqueceram de criar um argumentação que sustentasse tudo isso, o enredo e mexido e levado para baixo, eles tinha a oportunidade de alcançar todos os públicos mas vão ficar nas mãos dos seguidores de The Twilight saga.
June 18, 2017
Vastly superior to "Mirror,Mirror" in every way ! Great performance by Charlize Theron !