Snow White and the Huntsman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Snow White and the Huntsman Reviews

½ October 21, 2016
The few great CGI scenes don't do enough to overshadow poor writing, worse acting, and other, phony graphics. A complete miss.
½ October 9, 2016
Loved the imagery and costuming. Disappointed with how little Charlize Theron's character (the evil queen) was in the movie.
½ September 23, 2016
Despite an unconvincing pair of leads and some glaring plot holes, Snow White and the Huntsmen is a refreshing take on the classic tale, boasting heavy visuals and a magnetic performance by Charlize Theron.

V: 61%
½ September 6, 2016
It was ok, a world of wonder and magic! But no matter how amazing the rest of the film was, one actresss just could not fit the bill... Just became a huge let down to what could have been an epic tale.
September 2, 2016
I put an honest effort into watching this movie. After a half hour though, I couldn't watch it anymore.
The movie set up is sloppy, and cliche. The magic is over-the-top. The acting is questionable.
Save yourself two hours, watch something else.
½ August 30, 2016
"Snow White and the Huntsman" is a retelling of the classic fairy tale, "Snow White", but with a much darker and more serious vibe. Usually, movies like that don't attract me, spinning off something else by doing it darker and more serious just takes away the fun for me and leaves me bored. However, this movie kept it interesting at some parts, sure the pacing was a little off, as I felt it was a little bit longer than it needed to be, but for a medieval dark movie, it did alright. The dialogue was something that I thought needed work, which knocked down the movie, and made it kinda boring. I will say though, Charlize Theron as Ravenna, (or the "Evil Queen"), was absolutely 100% the best part about this movie. Her acting was excellent, I loved her recreation of the wicked witch, and her transformation from beautiful queen to old witch was done really well. If not for her, this movie would've been a LOT worse that it was. "Snow White and the Huntsman" isn't an awful movie, but with bad pacing and a few boring scenes, it's only worth watching if you're bored.
½ August 28, 2016
Only Fairyland is disappointing the rest of it is in great shape. Watch the extended cut though.
August 19, 2016
A much darker and grimmer version of the tale most of us know from Walt Disney's telling. I'm not sure why Chris Hemsworth's Huntsman character shares title billing with Snow White, because he doesn't do that much besides guide Snow White through a forest. The dwarfs are here (although at least some of them appear to be real little actors with the faces of more famous full-sized actors digitally grafted onto their bodies). The costumes, special effects, and acting are decent, but the plot is full of holes. When Snow White is on the run with the Huntsman from the evil Queen Ravenna, her stepmother, the Queen's soldiers always seem to be mere steps behind her, yet continually fail to catch her. And just when Snow White appears safe, the soldiers leap out of nearby bushes and start swinging swords again. This version also goes beyond true love's kiss to a huge battle for the throne. How Snow White, who was locked in a tower for about a decade, learned to ride and fight, is an utter mystery. There are also scenes indicating the princess is some sort of Chosen One, although chosen for what and chose how is never really explained. She's just, you know, a really special person. Go watch Disney's version. It has more heart.
½ August 13, 2016
Despite its stunning visuals and a joyfully wicked performance from Charlize Theron, Snow White and the Huntsman isn't interesting or exciting enough to satisfy
½ August 9, 2016
Striking visuals (if reminiscent of Gladiator, Ridley Scott's Robin Hood and Game of Thrones amongst others) and an intriguingly hammy performance from Charlize Theron as a seriously disturbed queen. But this film joins the ranks of wannabe epics that fail to have any impact, particularly in the oddly dull action and battle sequences. And Kristen Stewart is miscast, convincing neither as an innocent beauty confronted by and grappling with evil nor as a warrior queen. She's physically present and that's it. Optically interesting failure.
August 8, 2016
The movie is ambitious but a disappointment lead by the lead role of Kristen Stewart's snow white, her acting is terrible and most of the other cast seemed to follow her. Add the uneven pacing and the tangled plot, the movie is boring and without any charms. A waste of production effort which is the only decent thing the movie had, the acting, direction and the script were just awful.
August 6, 2016
A decent adaptation of the Snow White story with some decent action and visual style. Whilst its not the best film in the world and far from epic, its still an entertaining movie which captures the wonder of the backdrop.
July 25, 2016
I missed over 1 hr. of the movie and believe me that is the longest i have ever missed in any movie ever.

Score: 3/10
½ July 20, 2016
Omg this movie is terrible. Like genuine garbage. 49% is wayyyy to generous.
½ July 17, 2016
I'm biased on this one because I read the script first, which was outstanding. I don't want to know what horror happened between the writing stage and the filming stage, but I smell studio interference of the worst kind.
July 10, 2016
The film is atrocious to the point which even Charlize Theron could not push this film to a level of bearbility and its primary issue is that it suffers a horrible miscasted character which nobody needs to question who exactly.
July 7, 2016
Such visual beauty in one film makes this film the 'fairest one of all' or among them.
June 28, 2016
Charlize Theron as the Queen was what made me watch this movie.-
Positives: Charlize Theron, her makeup, her hair, her costumes, Chris Hemsworth.
Negatives: Someone needed to remind Kristen Stewart that this was not another Twilight movie.
June 23, 2016
Offering a dark tune, Snow White and the Huntsman is a visually stunning film with a thinly written script of flat characters.