Snow White and the Huntsman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Snow White and the Huntsman Reviews

January 8, 2017
The film meanders as an average flick, but thanks to newcomer Rupert Sanders dark visual design and a chillingly fun, over-the-top performance by Charlize Theron, it earns your ticket.
½ January 7, 2017
Although the plot does not have a good romance, we appreciate a version of snow white more darkest, dramatic and Fascinating action, where we see a snow white fighter, a skilled huntsman and a queen more cruel and vain.
January 6, 2017
Hear is a Fairytale, Snow White and the Huntsman what a good movie. It was sort of scary I would say. The evil Queen Ravena was cool she is strong powerful!! I do like the Huntsman he was funny, khaki he is a good fighter I like how he goes to the dark forest. Where it is creepy but hay he is brave and that's why in the movie you will see fighting and it has all the action!! As well as having funny moments in the movie. Now the action of fighting was a little scary! Snow Whit and the Huntsman need to stop Ravena will that happen now is your chance to see if Snow White will get her Kingdom back. They made A prequel to this movie!
½ January 6, 2017
This was so disappointing. The sequel at least has some coherent backstory. This movie is just a bunch of random leaps with little reason for why anything happens (with the exception the queen's motivation).
December 30, 2016
It's should've been better than this
December 27, 2016
It wasn't as good as I expected. Although it lacked some direction and there were some secondary acting that could've been much better, it was still fun to watch. Special fx were awesome and Charlize was flawless.
½ December 23, 2016
The darker tone is consistent with the German original tale but it is hard to overlook the problems in this adaptation: the dwarfs totally wasted, a pathetic love triangle that rivals that of Twilight, Bella Swan rapidly turning into a warrior as soon as required by the script, and so on.
December 19, 2016
Immensely boring and unmemorable. The worst part was the film's delusions of grandeur: there were dramatic camera pans and a melodramatic pre-battle speech all of which made the movie feel like it was trying its hardest to be Lord of the Rings as it completely failed to do so.
December 17, 2016
Original with a great cast of characters. The plot stalled at times and there just wasn't much chemistry between any of the characters. Kristen Stewart was emotionless as Snow White as she appeared to believe she was still playing in a Twilight movie. Chris Hemsworth is a serviceable actor but it is hard to view him as a leading actor in Hollywood as at least in my mind he has been typecast as Thor and doesn't seemed to concerned about breaking from that part. The movie wasn't bad but nothing really stood out that made me want to see it again.
November 22, 2016
Extremely boring, drawn out, tedious, and uninteresting. Do not watch.
November 15, 2016
A bland and bleak take on Snow White, but wonderful visuals and aesthetics make this over long film at times interesting and engaging.
November 13, 2016
Snow White and the huntsman
½ October 21, 2016
The few great CGI scenes don't do enough to overshadow poor writing, worse acting, and other, phony graphics. A complete miss.
½ October 9, 2016
Loved the imagery and costuming. Disappointed with how little Charlize Theron's character (the evil queen) was in the movie.
½ September 23, 2016
69%
Despite an unconvincing pair of leads and some glaring plot holes, Snow White and the Huntsmen is a refreshing take on the classic tale, boasting heavy visuals and a magnetic performance by Charlize Theron.

V: 61%
½ September 6, 2016
It was ok, a world of wonder and magic! But no matter how amazing the rest of the film was, one actresss just could not fit the bill... Just became a huge let down to what could have been an epic tale.
September 2, 2016
I put an honest effort into watching this movie. After a half hour though, I couldn't watch it anymore.
The movie set up is sloppy, and cliche. The magic is over-the-top. The acting is questionable.
Save yourself two hours, watch something else.
½ August 30, 2016
"Snow White and the Huntsman" is a retelling of the classic fairy tale, "Snow White", but with a much darker and more serious vibe. Usually, movies like that don't attract me, spinning off something else by doing it darker and more serious just takes away the fun for me and leaves me bored. However, this movie kept it interesting at some parts, sure the pacing was a little off, as I felt it was a little bit longer than it needed to be, but for a medieval dark movie, it did alright. The dialogue was something that I thought needed work, which knocked down the movie, and made it kinda boring. I will say though, Charlize Theron as Ravenna, (or the "Evil Queen"), was absolutely 100% the best part about this movie. Her acting was excellent, I loved her recreation of the wicked witch, and her transformation from beautiful queen to old witch was done really well. If not for her, this movie would've been a LOT worse that it was. "Snow White and the Huntsman" isn't an awful movie, but with bad pacing and a few boring scenes, it's only worth watching if you're bored.
½ August 28, 2016
Only Fairyland is disappointing the rest of it is in great shape. Watch the extended cut though.
August 19, 2016
A much darker and grimmer version of the tale most of us know from Walt Disney's telling. I'm not sure why Chris Hemsworth's Huntsman character shares title billing with Snow White, because he doesn't do that much besides guide Snow White through a forest. The dwarfs are here (although at least some of them appear to be real little actors with the faces of more famous full-sized actors digitally grafted onto their bodies). The costumes, special effects, and acting are decent, but the plot is full of holes. When Snow White is on the run with the Huntsman from the evil Queen Ravenna, her stepmother, the Queen's soldiers always seem to be mere steps behind her, yet continually fail to catch her. And just when Snow White appears safe, the soldiers leap out of nearby bushes and start swinging swords again. This version also goes beyond true love's kiss to a huge battle for the throne. How Snow White, who was locked in a tower for about a decade, learned to ride and fight, is an utter mystery. There are also scenes indicating the princess is some sort of Chosen One, although chosen for what and chose how is never really explained. She's just, you know, a really special person. Go watch Disney's version. It has more heart.