Snowboard Academy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Snowboard Academy Reviews

½ November 21, 2013
extreme silliness throughout. just a breezy little check yourself at the door comedy haha. very funny and enjoyable. yeah it wouldnt win any awards but that is besides the point you root for them to save the resort and make the snowboard academy work haha. also the academy itself is just a makeshift tent but the cheerfulness of the so called instructors with corey haim being one of them brings the people in and well things go quite well for them. :)
February 22, 2013
Al Pacino is great as always and Robert Deniro is just classic Deniro. Hoffman wasn't bad either.
½ November 17, 2012
56%

RIP Varney. Know what mean.
½ October 10, 2012
Just not a good movie. Jim Varney is great with his performance and it's worth it every time he's on camera. At times though I feel he was given room to ad-lib and he did show signs of Ernest-like antics. Corey Haim wasn't bad either nor was Joe Flaherty. It just wasn't a good movie. I mean there are worse movies out there but I see why this has a low rating. As a Jim Varney lover as kid, I believe I rented this and couldn't get into it. Varney fans will like him but maybe not the movie.
January 2, 2012
It is a sad movie with writing that is horrific! I love Jim Varney, God bless his soul, but I loathe this movie!
December 11, 2011
Very predictable, not very good acting, and almost sad at times.
½ June 13, 2011
Can't really recommend this to many but I certainly enjoy it.
bug761
½ April 10, 2011
I tried to give it more stars but I just couldn't. I love Jim Varney and every character he's ever played. He does a wonderful job as Rudy James but the plot falls flat. The script is crappy. It really had no back bone or message. I love Varney's crazy comedy in this one but as he was sliding head first into a tree, I accidently blurted out, "Poor Ernest". 'Sorry, Jim, didn't mean to pigeon hole you'. IMO, movies like this, that lack moral fiber, contain bad language, and some sexual situations don't do well for Varney. He's a brilliant actor but Ernest and Ernest like movies were his true calling. There was a brighter light in his eyes when he portrayed Ernest. In movies like these, he gives it his all, but I can tell something's missing by the look in his eyes. Maybe he wanted to take a little break from Ernest but I'm glad he really never strayed too far from him. Varney does sing in this and he is really, really great. I will admit, I did buy this DVD because I'm a Varney fan. This is a B- movie. The snowboarding effects aren't magnificent. They look pretty much the same. Not anything to write home about, 'KnoWhutImean?' 3 1/2 for Varney. 0 for the rest of the cast.
July 19, 2010
Very predictable, not very good acting, and almost sad at times.
June 28, 2010
SO cheesy, but that's why I watched it. It was reviewed on X-E.
½ March 16, 2010
Oh dear poor corey, guess he really needed the money when he signed on to this unfunny garbage?? why is briditte nielsen cast as a sex bomb??
Jim varney tries to be all mad cap and really it doesnt work and fails to raise at least a smile let along at laugh!
February 5, 2010
As a canadian i almost feel the need to apologize to the world for this bad movie that my country unleashed upon you. Then again in deciding to watch a movie staring Corey Haim, Jim Varney and ugh Brigette Nielsen i say u got what u deserved.
½ January 6, 2010
Jim Varney's facial expression on the cover is funnier than the actual film. I got this as a joke for a present years ago. What do expect from a movie co-starring Corey Haim & Brigitte Nielsen though? This movie would've sucked even during their prime. Still a Varney fan though. RIP
April 4, 2009
kinda a rough go.. even jim varney's goofball ernest like antics coulden't save this flick
½ February 10, 2009
A collection of has-beens movie. Though I love Jim Varney movies, this is not one of his best. Mostly because he can't carry a whole movie with such a small role.
June 23, 2008
A great flick to be watched by boarders around the world. Unoriginal plot, but very great humor, and perfect timing by Jim Varney.
March 23, 2008
This flim was a good flick to be watched by boarders around the world. Unorigional plot, but very great humor, and perfect timing by Jim Varney.
½ February 27, 2008
This one is so bad you'll want to tear your eyeballs out of their sockets.
January 2, 2008
it's just like real ski hills...a few random stoner jokes too...YARD SALE!!
½ September 11, 2007
A cheesy comedy that takes place at a ski resort. Nothing special, lots of dumb jokes. Varney and Haim make this kind of enjoyable.