So I Married an Axe Murderer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

So I Married an Axe Murderer Reviews

½ July 19, 2015
It's interesting watching this some 20 years after seeing it for the first time. Myers has arguably made the same film, or at least played the same character for the best part of 30 years. Not saying he isn't a charming lead, or worth his weight in laughs, but you can definitely see history repeating itself in his shtick.
June 4, 2015
It's so close to being a great dark comedy.
May 21, 2015
There really is nothing I don't really like about this film...and then there's the plot, which is pretty bad. If I could have just spent a couple of hours with Nancy Travis and Mike Myers, as well as Myer's crazy family and his crazy ass policeman friend, I would have been just fine..
May 12, 2015
Great 90's comedy. Highly underrated even if you arn't wearing nostalgia goggles.
May 4, 2015
Worth the watch as light entertainment... It seems to improve a bit with age. I would have gone with two stars the first time around..
April 8, 2015
One of Meyers funniest least known movies.Meyers as the father is just a howl.
February 20, 2015
I thought and still think this is a very funny movie. Just sit back and enjoy.
½ January 20, 2015
It was okay. I got it for free.
November 26, 2014
Highly amusing and often laugh out loud funny comedy with an awesome lead! This movie's story is quite weird and interesting. Even has a twist ending (which was funny, but nothing spectacular)! Mike Myers does a good job in this movie as a paranoid romantic lead. Most of the jokes are very funny, although some aren't as funny as they're supposed to be. Riddiculous movie, I gotta say. Worth a watch, nevertheless.
October 3, 2014
It would be such a nothing film, if it weren't for Myers' formidable performance.
September 6, 2014
I like this movie very funny antiques throughout the movie!
½ August 15, 2014
(First and only viewing - Summer 2008)
August 9, 2014
Austin Powers shines through! <3 <3 <3
June 27, 2014
Watching the movie right now with my boy..... "Head! Move! Now!"
½ May 17, 2014
Mildly disappointing but so what, Nancy Travis is stunning, and Mike has made even better performances.
May 4, 2014
Myers charms his way through this hilarious black comedy, with a surprising underlying heart.
½ April 27, 2014
Not one of Mike Myers best roles.
April 26, 2014
Hilarious. Just hilarious. Mike Myers plays perfectly off of Nancy Travis and Anthony La Paglia. A 90's movie to be sure, but still funny after all these years.
April 24, 2014
Fresh off his Wayne's World movie and of course being part of SNL at the time, Mike Myers ventured off further into the movie biz with this little comedy/horror about a young beat poet who falls for a very attractive female butcher who may be a serial killer. There are a few moments of fun that involve Myers playing dual roles (one as the main character and the other as his extremely Scottish father). A few cameo roles from Phil Hartman, Steven Wright and Michael Richards were a nice touch and the mystery surrounding the woman Myers falls for wasn't too intriguing since it was pretty obvious who the real Ax murderer was. Still a pretty good movie and a nice slice of 90s nostalgia.
½ April 22, 2014
Myers is surprisingly good in this film, even though its script is filled with clichés. However, the movie is probably one of Myers' best. If that's an insult or not is up for you to decide.