Socrates Reviews

• Oct 30, 2020

I found this on Amazon, it popped up out of nowhere. I clicked thinking I'd just check out the beginning, but once I started I couldn't stop. I was blown away. Small wonder Ramin Bahrani and Fernando Meirelles were producers, it's a stunning achievement from a new director who won the "someone to watch" Spirit Award. Someone to watch for sure

• Aug 12, 2020

Raw, harsh and extremely timely, Socrates socially conscious narrative denounces a world where affection and violence intertwine.

• Feb 17, 2020

An astonishingly beautiful movie. Perfectly acted and beautifully filmed in the Sao Paulo not seen by tourists. So real it hurts. Definitely a must see.

• Dec 12, 2018

Socrates is an incomplete film. Its result is an emotive, dramatic film, reflecting well the poor life of the protagonist in the faelas of Brazil. But, the ending is inconclusive and needs more time to develop a better movie. That's why it's incomplete.