20% Transcendence Apr 18

Solarbabies Reviews

deano
deano

January 27, 2008
A group of sports teens in the far future joins forces with a mystical force is quite good.
Beefy
Beefy

September 23, 2006
I had a huge crush on Jami Gertz in the 80s.
iLeo
iLeo

December 10, 2007
I remember this! Cute!!
September 21, 2012
I tend to give 80s sci-fi a lot of leeway, simply because of the ingenuity of the era. But Solarbabies; oh my no. It's a much diluted Road Warrior-esque dystopic society where water is in short supply. The main new thing the film brings to the table is that the teens travel around on roller-skates. Totally rad! And then there's a spherical alien thing that at one point they play lacrosse with. I'm pretty sure the script was written in a roller-rink by pre-pubescent townies on weed. I give the film some marks for at least having heart, and there's a few faces I was amused to see (keep an eye out for Adrian Pasdar, if you're a Heroes fan).
August 2, 2010
WTF IS THIS MOVIE!?!?!?

I almost feel stupid for knowing this crap even exists let alone having actually seen it...!
firstamb
July 7, 2008
A mix-mash of riffs on 80s scifi movies about kids and aliens, (ET, Mac and Me, Xanadu, and more), but not exceptionally fun or spoofy.
JaredsBaby
May 21, 2008
Liked watching this when I was much younger, young actors that you might recognize today, getting there start.
riverotter
May 10, 2008
It's very hard to know what the makers of this bizarrely awful would-be hybrid of 'Mad Max' and 'E.T.' (or maybe just 'Mac and Me') were going for... basically they took random elements from any number of Reagan-era post-apocalyptic 'Road Warrior' ripoffs, threw in a kid-friendly alien that looks kind of like a sparkly flying bocce ball, then added the roller derby climax of 'Xanadu' together in a huge fondue pot and melted it into one giant cheese glob.
blackdragula
June 4, 2007
This movie wasn't at all what i expected, i think the reason i hate it so much is because it was built up to much into something great. In the end it was a huge cheeasy let down.
lcozis
January 14, 2007
I LOVED THIS MOVIE as a kid. It would come on once or twice a year at like 2 am on TBS, and I'd sneak out to watch it every time....Just wish I could find it on dvd:) Guilty pleasure if I ever saw one!
July 18, 2006
Hey Hollywood, you've given us Freddy Vs. Jason. Now where is the long-awaited Solarbabies Vs. Swing Kids movie?
its m.
June 27, 2013
Post apocalyptic world. And teens w/roller skates. When I first saw it in the 80's, my reaction was "WTF?!" Twentysix years later, my reaction is still "WTF?!"
August 30, 2010
Complete 80s cheese.
May 19, 2011
Should've been best picture of 1986.
March 27, 2011
Sunday and cheesy movies FTW!
January 15, 2011
This movie is one of the best/worst movies ever and I love it!!!
December 17, 2010
it's a good movie i like it
Taylor Betz
November 3, 2009
This movie is so cheesy, so bad that it's awesome. From it's exclusively 80s soundtrack to the weird ass outfits and dumb as hell jokes, the film is mind-blowingly bad and I enjoyed it. I can't describe how much I laughed, it's the film you'd watch on MST3K. Anyways, you want a laugh? Check this out.

Sorry for the really brief review, didn't have much to say.
King Kubrick
September 21, 2009
I can't believe I watched this whole thing on the space channel. The lesson here kids is don't do marijuana. How can you rollerblade in the dessert? It's all sand. That's the fundamental flaw in the ludicrous premise the movie never bothers to address.