Reviews

• Mar 06, 2011

David O. Russell (director of the excellent "Three Kings" and "I Heart Huckabees") provides a brief (35-minute) but worthwhile look at the a few aspects of the Iraq War: why people join the military, what the goal of the war was, whether or not things are better now, torture, private contractors, looting, and medical care for returning soldiers. I was familiar with most of the subject matter which had been examined in greater depth through better-produced documentaries, but the additional points of view from soldiers were good to hear. Beyond that, the information on looting was particularly interesting to me, as it examined the case of a couple soldiers who stole thousands of dollars out of an Iraqi home. Worthwhile as a supplement to "No End in Sight", "Taxi to the Dark Side", and "Iraq for Sale", or as a very, very brief overview of the subject matter covered in those films.

• Brody M Super Reviewer
    Feb 10, 2010

I can see why the studios didnt want anybody seeing this film

I can see why the studios didnt want anybody seeing this film

• Oct 14, 2007

some interesting stuff in there, but as a documentary... c'mon

some interesting stuff in there, but as a documentary... c'mon

• May 28, 2007

A short, but necessary documentary that accurately depicts the conflict we are currently involved in.