The Solid Gold Cadillac - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Solid Gold Cadillac Reviews

May 25, 2015
Charmingly cynical. The best Judy Holiday movie ever.
December 21, 2013
Judy Holliday at her finest with great Paul Douglas support.
½ July 1, 2010
A light business satire.
½ August 14, 2009
Apparently this was kind of tailored for Judy Holliday, and it shows - it doesn't stray far from the template established in "Born Yesterday", and she once again plays the cheerfully honest woman who fights corruption in all its forms, complete with semi-inspirational tour of Washington DC. It's not a big stretch for Holliday, but it's plenty entertaining; I don't know that I could watch a million of these movies, but with Holliday's too-short career she didn't really get a chance to overstay her welcome. So yeah, this is inconsequential, idealistic, fantasy fluff, but I say bring it on.
March 13, 2009
Once again Judy Holliday steals the show as the quintessential ditzy blonde. Like she did in her Oscar-winning performance in Born Yesterday, Judy uses her sweet looks and high-pitched voice to full-advantage. I wouldn?t go as far as to use to word ?bimbo? but you get the idea. Judy here plays a naive lady who is determined find out about the company in which she owns a few shares of stock. She attends a stockholder meeting, which throws the board members into a tizzy, especially when she digs deeper into the company and uncovers the board?s shady activities. A fun film!
September 8, 2008
Great Stuff! No one could be ditzy like Holliday.
July 23, 2008
nominated for best picture at golden globes
jjnxn
May 28, 2008
One of Judy's most enjoyable outings. Sweet story, irrestible Judy!
May 26, 2008
A cute film with the sweet Judy Holliday. A rainy day watch to be sure.
½ May 13, 2008
Funny the things you'll watch when nothing else is on... It wasn't rip-your-eyes-from-their-sockets terrible. It's funny how Laura always calls McKeever by his last name. Isn't he just a LITTLE old for her?
September 30, 2007
A classic movie. Judy Holiday is always funny. I really like this movie. If you died without seeing it, it wouldn't kill you though
½ December 15, 2005
Judy Holliday is such a delight. Any movie she is in is worth watching. What a fun movie. Paul Douglas is well cast and gives a sincere performance. Very enjoyable, very Judy Holliday.