Solitary Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Solitary Man Reviews

September 13, 2017
Good cast and acting, terrible premise. What a waste of time.
June 18, 2017
Good movie with yet again , Michael Douglas playing a sleepy jerk , which he does well. I really liked the story line , but wished the movie was fleshed out more. If they had actually shown growth or a learning curve for Douglasses character ( not anything sappy ) it would have been a much better movie. Douglas very good at playing this character type...
May 24, 2017
Really enjoyable simple story
½ October 12, 2016
Disgustingly creepy.
August 16, 2016
Good character based film. Not much on plot though.
August 5, 2016
This was very good. Michael Douglas is great obviously. Definitely recommend this one. I wouldn't call it a comedy tho more of a drama/study on getting older.
½ February 8, 2016
Movie with a mediocre plot but a great performance by Micheal Douglas, as usual I would say.
½ October 21, 2015
So many talented actors and actresses. The movie is very dark with no real ending.
½ August 13, 2015
No le encuentro lo interesante, aburrida
August 9, 2015
Liked this one quite a lot. Interesting script and topic about a man's struggle with growing old, reclaiming his youth by living like a sleazy prick, the kind that can profile a person in a crowded room, but who inevitably ends up alone and getting the shit kicked out of him. Great cameos from Sarandon, Danny DeVito, and the young Imogen Poots (for playing that precocious young C**nt so well!)
June 30, 2015
Plääh, pitikin jäädä katsomaan tätä toistamiseen... elokuvan loppu sentään jäi mielenkiintoisella tavalla mietityttämään... ;) (Suom. Solitary man - Pelimies)
April 10, 2015
If your a Michael Douglas fan then watch, if not then skip it.
March 21, 2015
Michael Douglas er rigtig god, fordi han formentlig bare spiller sig selv i rollen som uforbederlig scorekarl i galoperende midtlivs/alderdoms-krise.
January 3, 2015
Man, I went into this hoping for something of the magic of Wonder Boys, but holy shit, all I basically got was Douglas playing a mostly unrepentant asshole who doesn't really learn much from the situation he creates for himself, and he has little to no growth as a human being, making things a largely frustrating viewing experience.

Rental? At best?
November 5, 2014
Decent movie. Good acting, decent story, good character development. But, the movie wasn't that memorable.
½ June 11, 2014
Just okay. There is a story, but not very exciting. It ends as you'd expect it too. One word: 'meh'.
½ May 14, 2014
Sometimes out of fear we make poor choices. Sometimes those choices work out pretty well for a while. Sometimes the consequences of those choices catch up to us. This is the story of a man who finally begins to recognize the choices he should have made. Perhaps too late, perhaps not. Some fine, often understated, performances.
April 19, 2014
Decent cast, but the story could have been better.
November 3, 2013
Bleak, but relatively engaging.
October 21, 2013
My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kane.