Solo: A Star Wars Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Solo: A Star Wars Story Reviews

March 15, 2019
Surprisingly good. Definitely worth watching. Far better than the last Jedi and the force awakens. Has lots of humor, twists, shows alot of emotions and the actors are awesome.
March 15, 2019
A great addition to the Star Wars franchise.

This movies had characters that matter, a good mix of suspense,action and humour.

Well setup for a sequel we need to see. Looking forward to see what Ron Howard will do with a Star Wars project where he is involved from the beginning.
March 14, 2019
This was barely better than the last Star Wars movie, a title no longer spoken. It's absolutely horrible what has happen to such an excellent franchise. Pan sexual Lando seriously?
March 14, 2019
Ok movie, but def. not amazing
March 14, 2019
My brother cornered me and forced me to sit through this. It was the (space) train wreck I'd pretty much expected. I love the character of Han Solo, but this wasn't him. There were a couple of bright spots, but this was mostly a slog through a story that had no hope of doing justice to this epic character.
March 14, 2019
I had low expectations going in, after how disappointed I was with TLJ and with all the SJW elements Lucasfilm has been cramming in to the movies of late.... and it was better than TLJ but not by very much.

It still lacked a lot of that heart and soul that made me fall in love with Star Wars as a child decades ago. The characters were fairly bland and forgettable, the villains were meh and L3 was cringe worthy. People were dying and I realised that I simply didn't care - my emotional attachment to the film and characters was just not there.

I'm also not sure why people seem to think Lando was so great. Han felt like a completely different character to what we saw in the original trilogy. I liked Chewie, and he at least got a much better treatment than in Ep 7 and 8.

Still love Star Wars, but it is a shame that I have had so much more enjoyment from Clone Wars and Rebels than the recent movies. Please Lucasfilm - I want Star Wars to be better. You need to spend more time in pre-production critically reviewing the STORY and CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, or otherwise bring on better writers and directors, as these aspects have let the recent movies down.
March 14, 2019
I love this movie, it was fresh an funny, the ambient was pretty good, the action scenes and the han Solo impersonation were amazing (for me, at least) the actor imitates Harrison Ford pretty good and it also have some surprises, i think people its exagerating, dont be so ortodox and enjoy! Its star wars! The movie has coherence and Its propper space opera, its not like that Episode VIII propaganda with a little movie scenes within...
March 13, 2019
Disney don't give a fuck about those movies, there wasn't any scenario, just some old characters for the nostalgy and a big promotional for sell toys. And i don't care about those movies, they are insignificant....what make me sad is that people thought thoses are good star wars and good films (ploat twist, there are not )

But if everyone think like this and cheer shitty, we ain't gonna have a lot of good scenario in futur....
½ March 12, 2019
A movie of outlaws, thieves, traitors, space cowboys, western in space. Everybody does bad things but they're not bad, just people trying to survive & has their good side (like in real life). It has a good persecution sequence at the beginning and some parts of the movie are exciting; you feel the aventure and the great universe of Star Wars, but sometimes it's seems to be insipid and without soul. It's fine to watch how Solo and Chewie meet for the first time. Weak villain, Paul Bettany (Dryden Vos. Alden Ehrenreich (Han Solo), Donald Glover (Lando Calrissian) are good characters in general, Emilia Clarke (Qi'ra), Woody Harrelson (Beckett) and Joonas Suotamo (Chewbacca) do their part; some characters of this universe are pretty untapped, i hope for the next Boba Fett spin-off they have a good homage and fix well so that this universe is finished. The OST is not bad. Star Wars is not only Jedi, Sith and The Force.
March 12, 2019
Regular story, very bad casting, not chemistry; the movie is falling little by little into pieces. Music is generic. One word. Boring.
½ March 12, 2019
Oh man.... RIP Star Wars. Killers: SJW/Feminists.
March 11, 2019
I absolutely love this movie. Very underrated. Alden gives a solid performance as Han. Definitely in my top Star Wars movies!
March 11, 2019
My favourite Star Wars movie! Deserves way more appreciation than it gets!
½ March 11, 2019
A great representation of a young Han, Lando and Chewie.
March 11, 2019
I certainly hope it is one of the better prequals
March 11, 2019
For some reason I am not able to give my rating on the "Last Jedi". For a site that is set up to take ratings from the public it is odd how they do not allow certain choices. I just joined. Very manipulative. This is a very pointless site. I think I will stop reviewing here and leave this site. Meta Critic sounds like it might be a more legitimate site, so I think I will try an account there.
March 11, 2019
Watchable. Story makes very little sense, but is still kinda silly and fun. Telling rather than showing faux pas in its storytelling, lacking depth of emotion and character development... Particularly for an origin story. I could pretend that the excellent and compelling premise of a freedom-fighting Droid having a deep friendship with a guy like Lando isn't made cringey by the suggestion of a sexual relationship, is harder to ignore the lack of creativity behind the Millennium Falcon Kessel Run. Sigh. Still, cool to see that they acknowledge that Darth Maul is still alive after his fight with Obi Wan, and thus delve into a grittier expanded universe. But it looks like that whole storyline will quickly be abandoned because this film flopped at the box office (for obvious reasons).
March 10, 2019
Overall, this was a much better film than The Last Jedi. It was so dark though! Not the movie or its theme, that was fun, but I could literally not see a thing!

Plus Han was just...not. They ruined him. Harrison Ford is the only and will only be the only Han Solo.
March 10, 2019
I shut it off about 50 min in.
March 10, 2019
Kathleen Kennedy is an idiot. This movie should never have been made. It also introduced us to the WORST character in all of Star Wars, L337. L337 makes Jar Jar Binks look like a magnificent in comparrison. This movie is better than The Last Jedi, but not by much.