Solomon Kane - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Solomon Kane Reviews

September 2, 2017
Derivative and histrionic, but it has its moments.
½ August 27, 2017
Need just a bit more, but thought it adapted well. $8
½ August 14, 2017
I was looking for something similar to Constantine. I love that movie. This one is basically a film you want to watch if you like the premise of the devil after someone's soul, you like the fighting from Lord of the rings (Way more Gore), and you like the idea of a guy redeeming himself. It's not an endearing movie unfortunately. Great action. Love the devil and the reaper. But it's just basically an action movie. I didn't necessarily feel drawn to anyone. But I loved the music, I loved how dark it was, I loved the fighting, and it was a good mindless movie.
July 19, 2017
Good action movie, I liked James Purefoy ever since I saw him in A Knights Tale, both good movies
July 8, 2017
Outstanding adaptation of Howard's character. The lack of need for an origin aside, it's an origin that fits textually with the character, from, "I once led a band of ungodly men in awful deeds, though the cause was just," to "Mayhap the redemption of my soul." A film that Howard himself would've loved; it's a damned shame that distrubutor screwups didn't result in a widespread theatrical release, and sabotaged the opportunity for the two planned sequels, which would've seen the direct adaptation of Kane's African adventures against a city of vampires.
July 1, 2017
Awesome movie
Love the time period
Good special effects

Must see!
June 1, 2017
I goddamn love this movie
May 16, 2017
So, it's a bit all over the place, a bit cliched, a bit rubbish but its bloomin' entertaining. and rattles along at a fine old pace like the accompanying rain. Sorcerers, swordsmen and much buckle and swash make up for a pretty weak story which nevertheless throws up enough hurdles over which our hero must hop in order to earn his stripes.
½ April 24, 2017
A much more enjoyable flick than I had anticipated. Glad I watched it but it's a one-time only movie in that you wouldn't watch it twice.
February 28, 2017
Despite the mediocre story and cliched filmmaking, Solomon Kane remains an entertaining action piece powered by James Purefoy's excellent performance.
½ January 7, 2017
Despite the inconsistent pace, it's a straightforward and enjoyable trek about a character who seeks personal redemption.
November 28, 2016
62%
Saw this on 28/11/16
Albeit suffering from a generic plotline, Solomon Kane succeeds to a certain extent due to its craft, especially the cinematography, atmosphere, gore and good VFX. It's not a disappointing film and James Purefoy is good as the lead notwithstanding his poor voice.
October 4, 2016
In the 17th England, a ruthless warrior set to rediscover his path.

There's no reason, but after a long due I saw this. I'm pretty impressed with the film's production, but in the end it was an average film for me. James Purefoy was good, but the story needed someone very husky looking actor to play the Solomon. That's what spoiled my watch, other than that I enjoyed most of the film. Because the tone and the pace were excellent, but it was a predictable story.

A savage warrior leading his men somewhere in the Northern Africa, when he's sensing he almost defeated them, comes to know his soul is damned. He escapes there, leaves his all that life behind and looks for a peaceful future. He was born to be a warrior, that's why he left his own kingdom. So in his second chance to rediscover his path, he must achieve the impossible to defeat his opponent.

Full of dark and wet atmosphere really gives that required medieval look. The locations were well used and also the costumes, so if you like films that sets in this era, particularly stunts, then you might enjoy it. But if you ask me, I would say it is just a one time watchable film. Entertainment is guaranteed, but because of something, the film does not not look complete. So recommended for the selected viewers.

6/10
September 28, 2016
A surprisingly good flick.
½ June 3, 2016
it's good but so badly constructed. what time period is just Americanised so insulting and daft. If you forgive this, then it isn't half bad
May 31, 2016
its ok...its a hack slash movie
March 9, 2016
bloodshed everywhere and was quite predictable
½ February 19, 2016
30.06.2010,
20.02.2016
½ February 2, 2016
This film quickly became absolutely tedious, with poor action and unsatisfying action sequences, buttressed by horrible pacing and embarrassing dialog. The character of Solomon Kane had wonderful potential, again, with his conflicted and complex back-story, but he became static, with only formulaic motivation propelling his dull and boring quest.
November 1, 2015
wake people this movie is amazing great job ?????????