Solomon Kane - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Solomon Kane Reviews

½ March 28, 2015
A modern 21st centuary swashbuckler: Our hero hacks and slashes his way through the enemy, even when sorely outnumbered, and survives whilst pursuing a damsel-in-distress and an evil tyrant. Being the 21st C, this is all done in a brutally graphic style: heavy rain, mud, blood and guts. Throw in a few extra nasties: zombies, witches and other monsters. The result is a romp that does not tax the intellect to hard. On the whole not too bad, if you like this sort of stuff.
½ February 27, 2015
I ENJOYED THE FIGHT FOR GOOD AND EVIL AND THE INSIDE FIGHT THAT KANE HAD WITH OVER COMING TO EVIL OR BEING GOOD IN A EVIL WORLD.
February 24, 2015
The acting is pretty painful at some parts, and the characters are sloppily written and uninteresting, but the thing that saves Solomon Kane from complete failure is its dazzling visuals and well executed action.
February 2, 2015
Lame in comparance to other movies like this
December 28, 2014
a great movie. it was just like the pulps & comic books i read, James Purefoy
did a amazing job as Solomon Kane.
December 26, 2014
62%
Solomon Kane falls prey to some of the typical fantasy cliches, but the gore and action eye candy are glorious enough to entertain.
December 13, 2014
I thought the fights were very well done and I liked seeing some familiar faces.
December 7, 2014
only one thing to say... SOLOMON KANE TWO, NOW!!!
½ December 6, 2014
The perfect teenage boy film. Loved it - action fantasy that's well made and set on the Somerset/Devon Borders! Fighting was gruesome and grisly (the 2nd fight scene, when he has to have a couple of yanks at getting a sword out of a baddies ribcage, was the best). Nothing too original plot-wise but it doesn't matter when something is so well made. Hope to see SK2
November 2, 2014
I am going to pass on this one.
October 29, 2014
I loved it. While I don't think it's a cinematic masterpiece, I loved the aspect of the "dark" knight or the bad man makes good. I also adore James Purefoy! =)
October 20, 2014
An *almost* good movie. Skip it.
½ September 29, 2014
Solomon Kane is such a badass that he was like a one man savior. Cinematography is very impressive which to the extent it can be seen in the line of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy or maybe and it can be as one of the best fantasy epics we have seen in years. Very surprising and very impressive. Not bad at all.
September 28, 2014
Fun horror/adventure that brings the source material to life quite well.
September 27, 2014
Yet another comic book hero movie, but the post-Medieval setting does make this one feel a bit fresher and the action is decent enough.
½ September 16, 2014
Based on a character created by Robert E Howard before he created his more famous Conan, this is a so-so film, that you could see where it was heading from quite early on. Also quite easy to spot the influences on it (especially the far superior Lord of the Rings), and I now know where David Gemmell got his influence for his character of Waylander in the book of the same name!
½ September 9, 2014
I was already thinking this was a lower budget version of Pirates of the Caribbean set on land when MacKenzie Crook also turned up.
September 7, 2014
Actually a decent dark and moody antihero flick.
½ September 4, 2014
Not to bad, if you like this stuff.
August 15, 2014
Based on the Robert E. Howard character Soloman Kane stars James Purefoy of The Following and Rome, based in England during the 1600's. The Devil, Witches, and real Wizardry fighting for souls. Gothic stuff, but good stuff. The Director holds true to the REH World. Better than I thought it would be, not Oscar material but perfect for streaming on Netflix. Worth the watch.