Some Days Are Better Than Others Reviews

• May 22, 2014

Some Days Are Better Than Others does exactly one thing well: capturing the inescapable stasis of living in Portland, by making you, the viewer, feel like time has completely stopped for its entire running length and robbing you of all hope for any sort of stimulation. It flagrantly tells but does not show, the characters personalities defy any descriptors more pointed than "sad" and even the dream sequence, typically a director's carte blanche to go wild, is so unbelievably uninteresting and pointless that it blends seamlessly in with the rest of this completely empty film.

• Feb 15, 2013

Carrie Brownstein locura

Carrie Brownstein locura

• Sep 03, 2012

Debut film, written and directred by Matt McCormick, is a character-driven lo-fi movie. It charts the ennui of a disparate group of characters and though they are well acted - and well shot - the film never really rises above tedium. Only one story line brings about any real sympathy - the thrift shop worker - and others strive for quirkiness but fall short. McCormick is clearly very talented, with an eye for the visual, but it needs to be wedded to stronger characters and story.

• Aug 05, 2011

Maybe a bit too mumblecore for me. It has its moments, a few offbeat jokes that work, but I had trouble keeping interested in where the thing is going. Carrie Brownstein did a solid job.

• Jun 04, 2011

Some movies are better then others. I did enjoy this flick and would recommend this film to my friends.