Some Girl(s) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Some Girl(s) Reviews

½ March 16, 2016
While not a bad movie, it is not exactly enthralling and I hated Adam Brody's sleazy character.
Some of the female cast were worth watching. Actually all of them except Mia Maestro - I didn't really like her character either, probably the only of these women who "deserved" that guy.
Emily Watson was a standout. She really drew me in and made me interested in the story and I love Zoe Kazan generally. Jennifer Morrison and Kristen Bell are good actresses, but a little understated here.
I am really having a hard time deciding what I think of this movie. It definitely doesn't quite work with the five little stories linking up, but worse than that is character is just repellent. I guess it's unfair to pan the movie based on that when obviously it achieved what it meant to do. I really don't think you are meant to like him, and I think you are meant to pity his women.
February 8, 2016
worst film I ever watched from the $5 dvd movie collection (and believe me some of them are pretty bad but this was awful)
½ January 24, 2016
A feeble attempt at a rom-com or romantic drama that fails miserably. Rather than enrich this interesting story with a proper cast and aim for a speck of success, Some Girl(s) is poorly written with long dialogue sequences that get boring as Adam Brody moves from one girlfriend to another.
January 14, 2016
if you're looking for a real entertaining and arousingly fun flick-this is NOT it.dullsville best applies-laughs are few few few.
January 12, 2016
A Character Study Of The Pathetic Male, & All That Can Entail..The Begging, Pleading, Groveling, Mixed Up Perceptions. All The While, An Attempt To Enter Back Into The 'Friend Zone', With No-Strings Attached Is Tested. It Nevers Works, All's Fair In Love, War & Politics, Players Get Played...& They Deserve Such Karma. That's Why The Morality Piece.Here Depicts Stories That Are Best Left In The Past. Just Move On. Forget The Hurt, Remember Good Times, Learn From Any Errors..By-Gones Are Just That.. Gone.
August 28, 2015
has nothing to do with the rolling stones lp of the same name
½ December 28, 2014
The longer you watch this movie the more you dislike this guy. Brody did an amazing job getting on your nerves and under your skin and by the end you really wish his stupid plane would fall out of the sky.
September 16, 2014
Wednesday, August 27, 2014

(2013) Some Girl(s)
DRAMA

Based on the stage play written by Neil LaBute starring Adam Brody as a writer of a magazine who's attempting to make amends with some of the previous relationships he used to have before he settles down. And he's willing to spend money to go to the cities they're residing in as well. There's a total of 5 to 7 so-called girl(s), including Kristen Bell, Zoe Kazan, Mía Maestro, Jennifer Morrison, and Emily Watson. One thing all of these relationships have in common is that he saw it one way while they all see something else.

I can't relate to this as being entertainment, perhaps it'll be better as a documentary which was later pointed out to viewers later that the Adam Brody character also had an ulterior motive. some of the characters sometimes seemed comical, and rather pointless to begin with.

2 out of 4 stars
August 10, 2014
While watching this movie I was sure it was written by some young wannabe playwright who should quit his day job. Imagine my shock to learn it was written by acclaimed writer Neil LaBute. I don't know what happened to him but this script is painfully bad.
July 16, 2014
Portrait of a first class slime ball, well played by Adam Brody.
May 6, 2014
What is it with boring and entitled dudes on a journey of self-discovery getting these films centered around them telling stories you couldn't care less about? (And they always seem to have a subplot where their disrespect for, or in this case, abuse of, a woman is used as a plot device for character development.) Utterly forgettable except for the disturbing scene with Zoe Kazan, making "Some Girls" seem like "Some Movie I Wish I Hadn't Watched".
April 22, 2014
its a well made movie. but you hate Adam brody' s character as things progress.
½ March 27, 2014
I just found this film very confusing, I can't say if it was bad or good, I honestly don't know, that's why I came here to read the others their reviews. I keep asking myself: "Was the subject of the movie useless or not? Is there more meaning to it? What does the writer want to tell us, there must be some kind of explanation. I think the writer tried to show the audience something, but it didn't come across. The film wasn't boring at all! The scenes with that young girl and Kristen bell were so crazy interesting, I just kept on staring and being shocked, I even caught myself looking like a freak, while watching this movie. I can't even write a review about this movie, I'm that confused. I just hope more people could watch this movie and tell me what they were thinking. It wasn't bad, there were some fantastic scenes in there, so give it a chance I need closure, I seriously do!
March 25, 2014
Kristen bell is the only good thing about this movie.
March 21, 2014
Adam Brody, Emily Watson, Jennifer Morrison, and Kristen Bell star in the hard hitting drama Some Girl(s). On the eve of his wedding a successful writer visits with several women from his past in order to reconcile past transgressions. One can't help but make a comparison to High Fidelity; which is far more clever and insightful. Still, the film does address some interesting issues concerning relationships and accountability. Additionally, the performances are quite good and feel authentic. Though it's a little derivative, Some Girl(s) is a compelling and provocative film with a dark edge.
½ March 8, 2014
Don't waste your life.
February 6, 2014
Really good cast with good acting... but bad story.
½ January 29, 2014
What a joke of a movie. Just because it was a successful play doesn't mean it'd make for a good movie. It was boring, went no where then just ended, one the worst films you will ever watch. if I wasnt snowed it, would have stopped it after ten minutes.
January 18, 2014
Interesting concept and verbal sparring even if it wasn't completely successful.
½ January 8, 2014
A role Adam Brody was born to play and he nailed it. Sarcasm.