Some Kind of Hero - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Some Kind of Hero Reviews

½ March 10, 2016
Subpar effort with Viet Nam vet going through a reeling set of depressing circumstances, which torpedoes any comedic elements. As talented as Pryor was, this was another relative flop. This vet doesn't even get invited to a "Salute the Troops" event by the local sports team.
August 14, 2015
exelent movie hillarious and serious richard pryor outstanding
April 26, 2015
pryor is the fuel that makes this one go.
January 22, 2013
Superman 2.8!

Wow, does this look terrible. Thank you Time for erasing all memory of this movie from the Earth -- Superman I style.
October 27, 2012
Black comedy about an American POW coming home from Vietnam. Sorry, but seeing a war veteran returning to find his wife leaving him, the army screwing him, and his mother having a stroke, and him turning to armed robbery just isn't funny.
June 5, 2011
Flawed but rich and interesting with a fine performance by Richard Pryor. The ending doesn't work but there are some excellent moments throughout.
½ May 30, 2010
If you are a Richard Pryor fan, you will very likely enjoy it. If not, you probably won?t. The movie hinges it?s success on Pryor?s brand of humor. Sometimes the mix of drama and comedy is uncomfortable to watch. It tries to be more than just a mindless comedy, but it just doesn?t quite gel. There are good moments, just not enough of them.
½ May 30, 2010
53/100. If you are a Richard Pryor fan, you will very likely enjoy it. If not, you probably won't. The movie hinges it's success on Pryor's brand of humor. Sometimes the mix of drama and comedy is uncomfortable to watch. It tries to be more than just a mindless comedy, but it just doesn't quite gel. There are good moments, just not enough of them.
May 31, 2009
February 24, 2009
Eddie Keller is a hero to me. I simply just love this film on a personal level. Richard Pryor's take on role was fabolous cause even though he was a comedian at the time, he gave his best performance ever. He didnt us the film as his stage to showcase his act, he showed you how a down and out soldier went to extremes to make things right.
December 22, 2008
Superman 2.8!

December 14, 2008
A comedy/drama about a soldier who is gets put in a POW camp for 6 years, then has to readjust to civilian life after the war. He comes home to find out that everything is not as he remembered it. This movie is worth a watch but I found myself getting bored in some parts. Richard Pryor does a pretty good job, and there are some funny parts, but it's not one of his best films.