Someone to Watch over Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Someone to Watch over Me Reviews

½ April 27, 2016
A hard nosed detective puts his life and career in jeopardy when he has an affair with the witness he's protecting. Dark taunt suspense.
January 8, 2016
An unknown John Carpenter-flick. It's one made for TV and the film before his classic "Halloween" film. We follow a lady that is being terrorized by someone that watch her every step. He looks at her trough a lence, he calls her frequently leaving disturbing messages and he sends her gifts in the mail.

Always some tention, often well told. Some great scenes and some bigger flaws that I don't like. OK acting and an all right thriller with some horror vibes and great paranoia.
With no doubt it's a homage too films as "Rear Window" and "Dial M for Murder" - the last one is so far unseen by me. It works fine as a cat and mouse game, but it never really impress.

6 out of 10 bozos.
February 23, 2015
WOW.....WOW....JUST SEEN THIS MOVIE 4 THE 1ST TIME N THINK THAT THIS IS AN ALRIGHT MOVIE 2 is nothing special 2 watch, but it is such an enjoyable thriller movie from ridley scott, I think that this movie keeps you on the edge's of your seats throughout this movie.......its got a good cast of actors/actresses throughout this movie.......I think that tom berenger, mimi rogers, Lorraine bracco, jerry orbach (.R.I.P.), play good roles/parts throughout this movie.....WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT SOME SCENES THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......

Someone to Watch Over Me earned positive reviews from critics, and it currently holds a 76% rating on Rotten Tomatoes based on 25 reviews with the consensus stating: "Its plot is sometimes hard to swallow, but some fine acting and director Ridley Scott's stylish visual flair make Someone to Watch Over Me an engaging police thriller".

Box office

Someone to Watch Over Me was a box office disappointment despite positive reviews, bringing in a total of $10,278,549 in a limited run at the theater.

Home media

The film did better on VHS.

man this is not an amazing movie 2 watch, but it is an alright movie 2 is nothing special 2 watch, but it is such an enjoyable thriller movie

The film's soundtrack includes the George and Ira Gershwin song from which the film takes its title, here sung by Sting, and Vangelis' "Memories of Green", originally from Scott's Blade Runner.

man this is not a memorable movie 2 watch, but it is an alright movie 2 watch, with a great cast throughout this movie......its got a good soundtrack throughout this is such an enjoyable movie 2 watch with a good cast throughout this movie....
½ February 22, 2015
A rare dud for director Ridley Scott. Disappointing performances and contrived plot make this an interesting failure with some smart directorial touches but strange soundtrack songs and sophisticated lighting do not make for a compelling thriller. A police officer is assigned to protect a woman who witnessed a murder proceeds to have an affair with him and then tells his wife. Of course the murderer soon shows up in both their lives......
January 18, 2015
Eficiente thriller , dirigido con la maestria de Ridley Scott sin ser una gran pelicula entretiene.
December 5, 2014
One of Scott's most underrated and forgotten films, 'Watch Over Me' is a very strong and often tense police thriller. Stylishly directed with strong atmosphere, as well as aptly performed by Berenger and Rogers as class divided lovers.
November 22, 2014
Suspenseful is a cheesy kind of a way.
½ June 6, 2014
Not one of Ridley Scott's better movies. Almost '80's to a fault, complete with schmaltzy ending.
May 18, 2013
I wouldn't mind seeing this again, because it's a Ridley Scott film, but I really don't remember it very well.
November 13, 2012
One of Ridley Scott's lesser films from the 80's, but still pretty enjoyable.
September 2, 2012
Ridley Scott set out with this humble cop drama to prove his ability to tell a good story outside a sci-fi universe and without the aid of special effects. Any detractors seeking that proof must've been categorically disabused of their doubts, as this is among the most distinctively and charmingly acted, earnestly character-driven thrillers of the '80s and early '90s cycle. Ridley's rich visual textures and emphasis on the divide between the socioeconomic worlds of the characters create a full-flavored atmosphere.
½ July 20, 2012
A pretty entertaining movie with a typical 80s feel to it...probably predictable in many ways but still very watchable
May 30, 2012
I did not think a Ridley Scott film could get any worse than "Robin Hood" until I saw "Someone to Watch over Me." Predictable and poorly written, this movie is a run of the mill 80s thriller that is rip-off from other 80s noir films that a lot of better than this dreck. The only notable thing about this movie beside the bad acting from Tom Berenger and Mimi Rogers is some nice visual shots from Ridley Scott.
½ April 9, 2012
this is a good movie.....I love tom berenger
½ March 31, 2012
A Ridley Scott 'director for hire' film, but I enjoyed it.
February 11, 2012
Visually stylish, this film is - if nothing else - a testament to Ridley Scott's versatility; that he could jump from epic fantasy (LEGEND) to this, a harder-edged romantic thriller, really says something. The plot is pretty standard stuff, but the three leads are extremely relatable, guys like Katsulas and Orbach add to a fun supporting cast, and the movie's got a surprising sense of humor. It's dated (in fact, it feels downright chained to the 1980s), and there's nothing ground-breaking in here, but it's a good effort from Scott.
February 8, 2012
tom was cool in this but the movie was ok
January 8, 2012
he can wach over me anytime.a graet drama.
December 20, 2011
Tuant romantic thriller - equally stylistic and atmospheric
September 11, 2011
A Gorgeous looking film, with good performances from Tom Berenger and Mimi Rogers and a great one from Lorraine Bracco, the script is not the best, but Ridley Scott's visual style compensates for that.