Something Beneath - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Something Beneath Reviews

August 27, 2012
So this wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great. It's tolerable. It's pretty funny when the slime oozes on the characters randomly from off camera.
March 17, 2011
We watched this because of fond memories of Kevin Sorbo in Hercules, sadly, it sucked. End of review.
½ January 31, 2011
Real piss poor effort from everybody involved, a complete waste of time.
August 3, 2010
"I was bitten as a child, ever since then I've been deathly afraid of dogs."
½ June 4, 2010
It's not a good movie, Obviously low budget when you look at the computer graphics, but Kevin Sorbo is in it. That's all that matters :)
½ November 1, 2009
See, there is this goo and when it gets on you you see your deepest darkest fears in the hopes that it'll kill you. And this goo is upset because people are building things in it's territory.
It's a bad 'Blob' knock off.
½ October 19, 2009
Kevin Sorbo=jack of all trades. Part priest, part environmental activist, part cunning detective. I don't think he was an actual detective, but he could've been one. He's so smart. I found myself on team Kill Mikaela within milliseconds of hearing her speak for the first time.
June 5, 2009
Kevin Sorbo on Something Beneath,a good actor. No spooky or nothing.
½ May 31, 2009
This was rubbish. There was no sensible plot aka you touch some radioactive goo (which later turned out to be a new creature) hallucinated and died.
April 1, 2009
Not as bad as some reviews would lead you to believe. You just have to take this movie for what it is...a cheap, cheesy, fun way to kill an hour and a half. It is completely silly and the people making it knew that it was completely silly and it never claims to be anything but completely silly.
½ January 27, 2009
Just like Ghostbusters 2 except a bit creepier and less MC Hammer.

Basically goo underground comes up and makes people go crazy and die. The end was too tree hugginly poor I nearly threw up.
December 21, 2008
Oh no. It's all been done before but much, much better.
½ November 30, 2008
too glad I watched this movie online, not buying or renting it.
½ November 24, 2008
Kevin Sorbo as a priest! How could I not rent this? Sadly, it put me to sleep not once, but twice.
November 3, 2008
I love Kevin Sorbo but not this movie.
The only reason I give 2 stars is because they haven't tried to make too much special effects. The one they did, the monster, was not very good.
And it doesn't hurt to look at Sorbo.
September 14, 2008
Oh shit, son! It's more ecological terror! Nature vs. Man!!! When evil corporate handicapped villains decide to build a fancy hotel, they unknowingly build it upon a gelatinous blob that has the ability to exploit anyone's fears once it jizzes it's ooze onto the skin of that person. It's now up to Hercules, um, I mean Kevin Sorbo as a hip preacher and some chick to stop the blob from taking over the world. Been there, done that with a much better plot, budget, actors, etc. This movie was a complete waste of my time.
½ July 28, 2008
What a load of crap! Honestly, I would have to agree with my husband that Kevin Sorbo is better doing films in which he kicks ass and not cheesy flicks like this piece of garbage. Come on, a creature in the sewer? Get real! Not even realistic in my opinion. Wouldnt recommend this to anyone!!!!
July 28, 2008
Another Kevin Sorbo classic. Low budget, bad acting and cheap special effects. Kevin Sorbo is so much better when he is being mean and kickin' ass, like his roles in 'Walking Tall'. His turn here as a priest was not convincing as at all and despite being top billed, he did not have much screen time. Time to stop making garbage like this Kevin!
July 22, 2008
Not great, even for a cheesy SciFi flick.
½ July 21, 2008
Kevin Sorbo mugs his way through 85 minutes of pure goofiness! A black oil monster that make cicada bug sounds comes out of the pipes and cause people to hallucinate and then kill themselves or kill other people. With more holes than a sieve, characters pop in and out, backstory is created and then forgotten, and whole scenes seem to have been either never been filmed or were left on the cutting room floor. This is the stuff of which legends are made. A very good primer on how NOT to make a film. Oh and lets not forget the environmental moral of the story complete with how magic Native American words can fix everything. Aside from the sincerely decent acting work of Peter MacNeill, all I can say it....I laughed, I cried...it was better than "Cats"!