Something the Lord Made - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Something the Lord Made Reviews

September 18, 2016
Wonderful movie about tbe first heart transplant.
July 4, 2016
Mos Def is Phenomenal!!!!!! Great movie a must see!
May 27, 2016
What a fantastic movie!
March 19, 2016
A very good movie that is also very interesting.
February 22, 2016
Awesome film based on real medical history of how open heart surgery started at Johns Hopkins with surgically solving 'Blue Baby Syndrome'. Alan Rickman (RIP), and Mos Def are great.
January 4, 2015
Great movie! Mos Def was phenomenal! :-D
December 10, 2014
Remarkable true story about Vivian Thomas and Dr. Blalock and their research to perform surgery for blue babies at Johns Hopkins.
½ October 18, 2014
IF YOU KNOW A DOCTOR AND THEY HAVENT SEEN THIS FILM. YOU HAVE A SURE BET FOR A WELL RECEIVED GIFT. The movie is on the List of the 8 most important movies a Medical Student Must See. The only way you could possible give this movie a bad revue is well, I wont say it, but the truth is there are those people out there. This mocie is an example of what makes the progress of intelligence a reality, and supports the fact that people are getting smarter. THIS MOVIE is about the first heart surgeon AND it is about today, because Entrepreneurship, Research Breakthroughs, make the evolution a revolution if you will.
David G.
½ October 11, 2014
A great story, very disturbing. Def and Rickman are doing a great job, in very understated ways showing racism at work while making breakthrough discoveries.
October 6, 2014
Woah. This movie did what '42' could not--it gave an empathic account of oppression, of science, of politics, of humanity--Mos Def and Alan Rickman gave amazing performances, I could watch them all day long. Fantastic film, and great especially since I am now in my cardiac surgery rotation in med school :)
July 19, 2014
Based on a true story Alan Rickman & Mos Def put in a great performance. The film is loaded with some other great B list actors like Kyra Sedwick, Gabrielle Union, Charles Dutton, and Mary Stuart Masterson. The story takes place right here in Baltimore at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.
½ May 31, 2014
Super. Pelicula inspiradora
April 4, 2014
This was an amazing story. Rickman and Mos Def were amazing in this story.
August 14, 2013
This is absolutely one of the best movies I have EVER seen. As a physician, it was particularly fascinating for me. In medical school, in pediatric cardiology, one of my profs had been trained by Helen Tausig. It is fantastic what Vivien Thomas was able to do. To see him operate on the heart of a child with no formal training and to see how Dr. Blalock trusted him and insisted he work by his side in the OR was exceptionally wonderful. Then to see his getting the recognition he deserved was beautiful. Terrifically done, it pulled no punches! James Ivey
½ August 2, 2013
Olivia and I operated on our cat qiu qiu, immediately after watching this. I blame his death on her poor guidance.
½ July 8, 2013
this movie gets muddled in its own self importance. ultimately just lost interest in it :/
April 26, 2013
Most excellent story and well acted. Alan Rickman is great as always. Mos Def's performance was excellent. Very emotionally acted. It will stir your soul.
December 7, 2012
Worth finding and watching!
December 2, 2012
Excellent movie. Based in real events. A must see movie.
October 15, 2012
Great movie. Hbo product. Mos def and professor snape are great. 1940's working at Johns Hopkins doing experimental heart surgery.