Something to Live For: The Alison Gertz Story Reviews

• Jan 16, 2014

for a tv movie this is one of the most moving stories I have ever seen. Molly ringwald gives the performance of her career as alison gertz the real life aids campaigner who caught the disease during her "first time" Martin landau and lee grant also give stellar performances as the parants coming to terms with such a horrible situation. It is a true emotional rollercoaster in parts but stick with it as you will be rewarded having watched a film with such emotional performances and skill on show by all involved. All in all whilst not the happiest of films fatal love manages to educate and inform without preaching its subject matter. It could be one of the most important films ever made.

• Sep 20, 2009

Based on a true story this film tells the harrowing story of a young girl who contracts AIDS and her fight against the disease.

• Mar 05, 2009

SURPRISE!!!! This is one of those in your face truth movies. I thought it was a crazy psycho stalker or something, but no, it is a rich white girl (Molly Ringwald) with AIDS. A well acted part by her and all the other actors/actresses. It is based on the true story of Ali Gertz...( I hope I got that right...a spoiled rich girl from the Upper East Side who has a one night stand with a bartender when she was 16. ^ years later she has AIDS, and how her family/friends/and boyfriends treat her. Good show.

• Nicki M Super Reviewer
    Dec 04, 2008

How is this rated so low?! For a tv movie, this is very well done, and so moving! This is the true story of Alison Gertz who gets AIDS from a one night stand. It shows how she deals with the grief and turns it around to help others. I could not imagine who else could have done a better job than Molly Ringwald in this role.