Something to Talk About - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Something to Talk About Reviews

½ August 8, 2016
Feel good ending after a couple of rich brats finally go through a rough patch as adults. Excellent locations & props - and a quality cast that knows how to deliver a line all wrapped up in a Goldie Hawn production.
½ April 25, 2015
A romantic comedy yaaaawwwwnnnnnn.
½ February 26, 2015
Quite a downer of a movie for a 90's Julia Roberts! It's not awful, and generally I like small town settings and I'm not someone who thinks movies need to be "nice" either, as that's not how life is. I don't know why I really couldn't take to this that much.
The cast are good (well, aside from the daughter. Geez. I actually wondered if she was meant to be special needs in her earlier scenes, but , no, just bad acting it seems).
August 23, 2014
It's an affair to remember when the aftermath was exaggerated and created pathos along the way. But the light side of that is the nice performances of the cast to make things resolved towards the smart-moved outcome after some surprising moments with warmth. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
January 28, 2014
I gave it a one star bc, this movie all though one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Was amusing do to its easy predictability. But I will pretty much sum it all up in a few sentiences and can tell you if you might like it or not. If you are into movies where men are all complet morons, revert to primal nature act's and can't hold a candle stick to womens intelligence then this is your movie. J Roberts plays her roll very well if you have seen any of her movies then you know the roll she plays ( the Bi@$h who knows everything, runs everything except her personal life, and all but one man in the movie is a complet jerk off)
same as all her movies.
August 16, 2013
Julia Roberts has the biggest mouth since Martha Raye and Bob Hope's nose. But, oozes sex. I ask myself Why??? Why??? Why???
½ August 5, 2013
Something to Talk About wasn't quite the way I expected it to be. I didn't really get into the story the way I thought I would. The characters were rather difficult to relate to and the acting wasn't that great either.
I had expected more emotion and heartache but I didn't really feel anything for any of the characters in it and I kept waiting for what would happen next instead of being locked in the now.
I found the characters' reactions to the situation a tad unrealistic which resulted in me not being able to relate to them. And by the end of it all I didn't really feel much and I wished I would have felt a lot more.
There were scenes that should have been in the movie to make it easier to fully comprehend but weren't, and there were probably also scenes that were in the movie but maybe shouldn't have. This made it more difficult to follow the story and actually enjoy it.
½ August 2, 2013
It's more Kyra Sedwicks movie she steals all the scenes.
August 1, 2013
I don't care what anybody says, this is a damn good movie!!
½ March 5, 2013
if your man cheat on you, what would you do? i'm glad that Grace (Julia Roberts) stay with Ed (Dennis Quaid) instead of choosing divorce b/c of feeling like a failure after divorce.
March 2, 2013
Something to Talk About is a little to slow and subtle for most viewers, but it has a reserved humor about it that appeals, and it never panders. The fact that it's not the usual blunt Hollywood fair, and the fact that it's a chick flick, will probably keep it from general appeal.
January 30, 2013
It was a cool movie. i didn't like the girl that played her daughter she sounded creepy. A nice setting Savannah GA.
½ January 28, 2013
Sad for her..Good funny, sad, and deserved better than she got..
January 6, 2013
I love this movie!

One of my favorites has me laughing and crying!
½ October 6, 2012
DVD, Love the story, love the actors/actresses and love the ending!
September 28, 2012
Down To Earth movie. Love it!
September 6, 2012
Kyra Sedgwick makes this! It has it's ups and downs but all-in-all it's an OK movie.
½ June 13, 2012
For some reason, I feel more comfortable with Hollywood romances from the 90s than from the 21st century. Lasse Halstroem has this talent to add warmth and this sense of familiarity to the film. I particularly like that the film touches all sorts of relationships: man and woman, sister to sister, daughter and father. It greatly portrays the difficulties in these relationships without becoming either to heavy or cheesy. Dennis Quaid and Julia Roberts have great on-screen chemistry - although I think Julia can turn every spark into a fire. Kyra Sedgwyck gives a great performance as the fiery sister and even steals the show from Julia. Robert Duvall and Gena Roberts don't really have room to show their talents but the scenes they're in are worth seing. All in all, I reallt enjoy this movie, everytime I watch it - and that has been several times now. It's probably more appealing to women, though. Don't drag a man with you on this TV night. Neither of you will enjoy this evening.
May 27, 2012
LOVE - LOVE - LOVE this movie!!! If you haven't seen this one, run to the rental store. One of my favorite movies of all time!!!