Something Wicked This Way Comes Reviews

• Jan 29, 2021

♦️ Is it campy -- Yes. Is it dated -- Yes. Were the special effects sub-standard -- Yes. ♦️ But I love this film and the story(thanks to Ray Bradbury) keeps it floating. It could have easily been a stage play. Imagine a floating carousel extending above the audience. The story is a hit at its core. Jonathan Pryce is Mr. Dark. ♦️

• Jan 19, 2021

A creepy and terrifying gem This thriller is one of my favourite Disney's movies and one of my favourite horror movies

• Sep 15, 2020

It might not be as great as it could've been, but I did enjoy watching 'Something Wicked This Way Comes'. Jonathan Pryce definitely carries events as Mr. Dark, who is a character that suits him very nicely. I'm a fan of Pryce from other films, so it's little surprise that I like him here. Jason Robards is good too, if a little muttered throughout. The child actors, meanwhile, are passable. The premise is filled with intrigue, it doesn't quite deliver on a grand scale and yet I still felt suitably entertained. The film is shot quite neatly, the main town in particular looks pleasant. Good, admittedly mostly thanks to Pryce.

• Jul 21, 2020

A chilling adaption of Ray Bradbury's classic novel, but not quite as good

A chilling adaption of Ray Bradbury's classic novel, but not quite as good

• May 15, 2020

A different kind of film that over 35 years later is still very engaging. The special effects were decent for the time it was made but the story is the forte of this film. Set in a rural Midwest setting in the 1930s, it starts out as the tale of two boys who face an evil that tries to exploit their personal yearnings and fears. In the end they, with the help of one of their fathers, overcome the evil and their own secret fears. If you enjoy a great story with a supernatural element, then you will probably like it. If you are looking for fast inter-cuts, shaky camera shots and explosions then this is not for you.

• Apr 07, 2020

It really got too weird to be normal. Now I remember why I didn't like it as a kid.

• Jan 06, 2020

This Disney movie is so overlooked. It's a little creepy but fun story.

This Disney movie is so overlooked. It's a little creepy but fun story.

• Oct 02, 2019

A good movie but it screws up the ending of the book.

A good movie but it screws up the ending of the book.

• Apr 05, 2019

Great movie adaptation of Bradbury's book. Mostly practical special effects, so it aged well. Unfortunately adults thought it was a kids story so that adversely affect ticket sales. The story is too intense for younger viewers, so I'd recommend 13+ only. A definite must see for anyone who is a fan of Tim Burton or Laika films.

• Feb 04, 2019

this movie will not stick in my memory. it made some improvements upon the book, but moved way too fast.