Something's Gotta Give - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Something's Gotta Give Reviews

½ January 6, 2016
Good Romantic Comedy.
½ December 16, 2015
In Something's Gotta Give, some people love the chemistry between Jack Nicholson's character Harry Sandborn and Diane Keaton's Erica Barry. I'll admit, they had some good banter and moments, but...let's face it. Harry is a long term womanizer who is dating Erica's own daughter, Marin.

I'll admit, it's interesting to see a crazy love square (not just a simple love triangle but a more complex love square) unfold. Mother and playwright Erica seems to be steeling the heart of her daughter's much older womanizing boyfriend, until a sexy doctor (played by Keanu Reeves) captures her heart instead. Erica seems to be making a very good choice when she finally picks the lovestruck doctor, Julian. Meanwhile, Harry is having regrets that he didn't catch and keep Erica when he had the chance.

It looks like Erica and Julian are moving forward in their relationship and seem very happy, but somehow, at the very end, Erica changes her mind and picks "conformed" womanizer Harry. What!?

I wonder how awkward Erica being with Harry will make things between Erica and her daughter Marin at holiday get-togethers. "Enjoying my ex, Mom?" Hmmmm. Not the ending I wanted, but if Harry makes Erica happy, so be it. Her daughter seemed surprisingly understanding about it, after all.
November 21, 2015
Surprisingly good. Didn't go in expecting much.
½ November 12, 2015
One of my favorite romance films I've ever seen. The chemistry between Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton is phenomenal. This movie shows that true love can be a real thing and age is just a number.
½ September 30, 2015
Nancy Meyers is one of my favorite directors, but this is the only one of her movies that I might not watch again. Jack Nicholson plays a character we've all seen him do several times before. As an Oscar winning actor, I expected more from him. Diane Keaton is another favorite of mine, and she was better, but still, not her best performance. I didn't love the plot, but it would have been better if there hadn't been such a fluffy script and average acting. A few scenes were just over the top, and I think it turned out being a little bit cheesier than I expected with 2 A-list actor in it. If you are looking for basic comedy or romance, I would say watch it, but if you're looking for something mind blowing, I would not suggest this movie, or at least suggest a different movie by director Nancy Meyers.
September 26, 2015
Hilarious but the story kind of drags towards the end. Jack and Diane are amazing though and have great chemistry.
½ September 23, 2015
I watch it every time it is on
September 3, 2015
The nudity was a little excessive
½ July 10, 2015
The movie rest on the shoulders of Nicholson and Keaton and there up to the task pretty well.
½ June 11, 2015
It's a tad too long, but Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton are TERRIFIC. Their chemistry is perfect. Hilarious. Nancy Meyers shows us that you can still enjoy sex if you're old.
June 3, 2015
Jack does some dramatic backspaces on his computer.
½ February 17, 2015
Smiled throughout the entire film!
½ February 17, 2015
jack & diane rule here
February 7, 2015
Two giants clashing into a romance comedy! Nothing deep just plain fun with a touch of Jack & Diane, worked for me!
January 18, 2015
Goddamnit, Keanu Reeves.
½ November 11, 2014
I admit the dialogues are sharp at times, but the plot is very predictable and the ending in Paris (ohh it's such a romantic city!!) makes you want to barf...
½ November 5, 2014
I loved this film and no one can convince me otherwise for how much energy I had to produce to stop laughing.
October 11, 2014
Diane Keaton is very charming, if you can get past her annoying crying scene. Jack Nicholson is awesome like he always is! The both have excellent chemistry, and am glad that I saw this film. 8/10!
October 3, 2014
My #1 romantic comedy.
September 29, 2014
Funny as hell!....Love this movie