Sometimes They Come Back...Again Reviews

• Oct 15, 2020

Oof! I don't know who thought this was a good idea... It's ludicrous, filled with bottom barrel effects and i don't know who thought Alexis Arquette could play a menacing demon, but they were wrong. Dead wrong!

• May 02, 2015

The original was slow and boring but it flies by compared to this one.

The original was slow and boring but it flies by compared to this one.

• Dann M Super Reviewer
    Apr 13, 2014

A cheap imitation of Stephen King's work, Sometimes They Come Back...Again is a festering piece of garbage. After interrupting a demonic ritual as a child, Jon Porter is lured back to his hometown 30 years later for his daughter's 18th birthday so that the ritual can be completed. The plot replaces the mythology of the first film with generic tripe, and the characters are one-dimensional stereotypes. Sometimes They Come Back...Again is a poorly made horror film with no vision.

• Apr 08, 2011

A stupid, stupid movie that is only watchable for its sheer comedic value. The death scene involving the lawnmower riding gardener is just priceless.

• Jan 05, 2011

This is one of the best horror movies I've ever seen. It may have been direct to video, but it was theater worthy. It has everything a great horror movie needs: a great plot, the wonderful and chilling music, the great acting, the amazing death sequences, and the villain Tony Reno (Alexis Arquette) gives the movie life. It deserves higher than viewers give it. If it were up to me, i'd put it in the top 250. The first film is good, but it was too happy for me. The third is good, but really should have been a stand alone film. This is a more accurate version of King's story, including a ritual from the story that never made it into the first film. If you want a good horror film, watch this. You'll be happy you did.

• Oct 29, 2009

loved it..my fave of the 3 movies

loved it..my fave of the 3 movies

• Cassandra M Super Reviewer
    Jul 27, 2009

Sometimes They Come Back... Again starts in the small American town of Glenrock where an old lady falls off a chair & dies in mysterious circumstances... Cut to Los Angeles & her son Jon Porter (Michael Gross) in informed of his Mother's death, together with his daughter Michelle (Hilary Swank) his goes back to his childhood town to attend the funeral & sort a few things out. However once back strange things begin to happen, a sinister figure from Jon's past in the shape of Tony Reno (Alexis Arquette) comes back to haunt his daughter. As past memories come flooding back to Jon a series of brutal murders take place all of which seem to come back to him & his daughter in someway. Only another figure from Jon's past seems able to help, an old priest named Father Archer Roberts (Willaim Morgan Sheppard) who talks of demons & sacrificial rituals... Co-written & directed by Adam Grossman Sometimes They Come Back... Again was the second film in a series of three which started with the Stephen King inspired made-for-TV Sometimes They Come Back (1991) which I have not seen & continued after this with Sometimes They Come Back... for More (1999) which I have seen & liked. The script by Grossman & Guy Riedel moves along at a nice pace & has a certain air of mystery about it, I mean it won't take a genius to work things out but at least it tries to do something a bit different & keep you guessing which is a hell of a lot more than a lot of dull boring horror films even attempt. The character's are OK & no one annoys, the main villain reminded me of John Travolta as Danny from Grease (1978) & I was half expecting him to break out into a 'feel-good' pop tune at any moment! Personally I have seen far worse & I thought this was a decent way to spend 100 odd minutes but it seems I'm in the minority & no one has ever accused me of having a particularly good taste in films so you may want to bear that in mind. Director Grossman does an OK job & the film looks fine throughout. There isn't much gore but what's here is decent, there's a cool scene in which someone has their head run over by a lawnmower with the expected blood spraying results & Sometimes They Come Back... Again is probably the only film to feature a literal death by Tarot card! The demon make up is alright. With a supposed budget of around $3,000,000 Sometimes They Come Back... Again is a competently made film with a certain polish to it, I mean it ain't brilliant but it's far from bad. The acting is good although Arquette is a bit campy as the main villain & I think we could have done without a lot of the tacky one-liners which start to creep in towards the end. A pre fame Hilary Swank does an OK job & makes for a likable leading lady. Sometimes They Come Back... Again was, in my opinion, a pretty good film & better than I had expected. Personally I think you could a lot worse, sure you could do a lot better but not every film can be a Citizen Kane (1941), can it?

• May 29, 2009

Has nothing to do with Stephen King or the movie "sometimes they come back", it's not a squel nor a remake. It could be interesting if it wasn't for there is a previous one with the same subject.

• Mar 13, 2009

GOOD MOVIE BUT I LIKE THE FRIST ONE A LITTLE BIT BETTER!!

GOOD MOVIE BUT I LIKE THE FRIST ONE A LITTLE BIT BETTER!!

• Feb 18, 2009

Not very good at all. If you like the first one, I would suggest that you stick with it and leave this one be.