Somewhere I'll Find You - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Somewhere I'll Find You Reviews

August 8, 2015
Very underrated. Great writing. Totally unsure why it seems to be so off the radar. So many worse films are (unjustly) more highly regarded.
May 17, 2015
i really love this pic its one that i can watch over & over and never get tired of it.
½ December 7, 2010
Somewhere I'll Find You (1942)

This movie is all over the map, from a romantic melodrama, to kind of a comedy, to an action war movie/propaganda flick. Lana Turner is very hot in this and makes the movie completely watchable.

It's starts out with two brothers Kirk (Robert Sterling) and Johnny Davies (Clark Gable) who are both in love with the same reporter, Paula Lane (Lana Turner). Johnny, of course is the cad in all of this and dumps poor Paula after she chooses him over his brother.

Paula ships off as a war correspondent, Kirk joins the army and Johnny tries to cover the story while looking for Paula in the Philippines, which shows you how accommodating the army and newspapers really are.

Although the movie is really slickly made, it's not their best work, making me think that they whipped it out quickly for the war effort.
June 16, 2010
good wartime romance story
½ November 17, 2004
Clark Gable showcases his trademark saucy persona in the 1942 melodrama, "Somewhere I'll Find You."
His younger brother is smitten by Lana Turner's character, a back-page journalist who unexpectedly is dispatched to front-page Indochina.
Gable swoops in and seduces Turner, who he apparently has a history with (which is confirmed obliquely later in the film).
Gable's editor/publisher sends the battlin' brothers to search for Turner, who has "vanished" within the vaporous heat stifling Hanoi's steamy landscape.
Both find her. Gable wins. Flags wave.
It was, 1942, after all, and Gable had just lost Carole Lombard.
No mention of Ho Chi Minh, but not a bad film. Gable and Turner blend fairly well, and it's comforting to know the adage "nice guy finish last" (note: Gable's younger brother) holds true even 60-plus years ago.